What Is Search.rockettab.com?
Many users’ PCs get infected with Search.rockettab.com on account of they download a free application RocketTab. Freeware always carry additional programs or furtively change browser settings after you install it on computer. However, RocketTab is not a good application as it promises to you. In fact it is a deceptive application which designed to generate intrusive advertisements and collect users’ personal information for illegal purposes. Search.rockettab.com is classified as a malicious browser hijacker which is generated by RocketTab. Once installed, Search.rockettab.com is capable of hijacking all your web browsers and modifying your default homepage together with the default search engine without your knowledge and consent. As a result, you will face homepage and search engine redirection issues. It means that every time you open your browser no matter it is Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome; you are always redirected to the browser hijacker homepage http://search.rockettab.com/.
Don’t foolishly think Search.rockettab.com is a regular or legitimate browser just because it shares the same appearance with the famous web browser. Like such browser hijacker is typically designed to display suspicious links or a lot of annoying advertisements on its homepage. The true purpose of it is to attract you to click those unsafe links or commercial pop op ads so that the developer of Search rockettab.com can get pay-per-click revenue. Sometimes, these insecure links and ads usually contain virus, spyware, Trojans, or other malicious programs. A simple click may cause virus or malware infection.
The original symptom of Searchh.rockettab.com mainly modifies your default homepage and search engine. After that, you will find that there are a lot of RocketTab extensions or add-ons installed on your web browsers. Don’t mistakenly think that Search.rockettab.com is a real search engine just like Google, Bing or Yahoo. You will find that your search results are always full of all kinds of unwanted ads or sponsored links when you use this dubious search engine to search information. Gradually, your PC will run slower and slower even cause system crash or Blue Screen of Death.
Highly recommended: Top Removal Tool (Automatic)
Search.rockettab.com can be installed on your PC by freeware installation. Many users’ PCs get infected with browser hijacker or adware due to they pay no attention to the freeware installation. You should know that lots of malicious programs just like Search.rockettab.com often comes bundled with free software. Ignoring the installation step of the chosen software, you may get other additional pernicious programs on your PC. You can check whether the chosen software carry other extra programs or add-ons through the Advanced or Custom installation options. That’s why we require you to choose Advanced or Custom installation instead of Quick or Express installation when installing free software or application. If you bear in mind the key point, it will greatly reduce the risk of infecting malware.
Most of the time, some tricky browser hijacker like Search.rockettab.com takes advantage of attractive functions to tempt users to change their default homepage, new tab or search engine with the one it recommended. Usually, these appealing functions of the recommended software claim to provide a quick entry to your favorite website or some famous social networks. In addition, it also claims to provide you a convenient search result as long as you change your default search engine to its recommended one. All of these features it promised to you are deceptive. As a matter of fact, you can’t enjoy any benefits. On the contrary, tons of annoying commercial ads and suspicious links serve you. If you have got Search.rockettab.com on your PC, please follow the detailed removal guide to permanently remove it from the infected computer.
Steps by Step Remove Search.rockettab.com Browser Hijacker
It is quite clear that Search.rockettab.com is as malicious as it sounds through the above detailed description. Here, we offer you two effective ways. The first manual removal method needs you to remove this browser hijacker step by step. In addition, it’s also a complicated method which usually not recommends to computer novice or inexperienced computer users. Moreover, to completely delete some stubborn infections like Search.rockettab.com, sometimes the manual removal method can’t guarantee a complete removal. Therefore, to ensure your PC is fully free from the obstinate malware, we highly recommend the second way – use a professional removal tool like SpyHunter to quickly and permanently get rid of the pernicious browser hijacker.
Automatically Remove Search.rockettab.com With SpyHunter.
SpyHunter is a powerful and professional removal program which specially designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. In addition, SpyHunter responds with advanced technology to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats and offers additional customization capabilities to ensure every user is able to custom tailor SpyHunter to fit their specific needs.
Excellent Features and Benefits of SpyHunter
Detect, remove and block spyware, rootkits, adware, keyloggers, cookies, Trojans, worms and other types of malware.
System Guards will identify and stop any processes that attempt to secretly auto-start malware entries by exploiting the Windows registry.
Daily malware definition updates ensure complete protection from the latest malware threats.
SpyHunter Installation Process:
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Then launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- SpyHunter is scanning your PC. Search.rockettab.com is quickly detected by the powerful anti-malware program.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove Search.rockettab.com and other detected threats.
- Restart your computer.
Search.rockettab.com Manual Removal
Uninstall unwanted program RocketTab from Windows.
Your PC is infected with Search.rockettab.com possibly because you download RocketTab on your PC. So you need to remove it first and then get rid of Search.rockettab.com homepage from web browser.
- Click Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for unwanted program RocketTab from the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall/Change.
- Then you will get a window as shown below. Click Continue button.
- Right-click Start at the lower left corner of your screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for RocketTab from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall/Change.
- After a window pops up, click Continue button to remove the unwanted program.
- Click Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Look for RocketTab from the list of installed programs and then click Change/Remove button.
Attention: If you can’t find the unwanted program, please run a malware scanner to have a scan of your PC and quickly uninstall the hidden program.
Delete browsing history from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome.
Note: No matter your computer gets infected with browser hijacker, adware or other malware, all of them may monitor your browsing activities and collect your personal information for other purposes. To protect your personal and property safety, you’d better delete your browsing history.
- Open IE, click the gear icon and then choose Safety → Delete browsing history.
- In the opened window, check the options you want to delete and then click Delete button.
- Open Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the upper right corner and then select History.
- Then choose Clear Recent History.
- Now you will get a window as shown below. Click the icon beside Details to choose the options you want to delete and then click another icon at the upper right corner to choose the time. At last, click Clear Now button.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose History from context menu.
- In the opened window, click Clear browsing data button.
- After a window pops up, check the options you want to delete and then choose the time by clicking the triangle icon. After that, click Clear browsing data button.
Remove unwanted plug-ins and extensions from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Manage add-ons.
- In the opened window, look for any unwanted plug-in such as RocketTab and then click Disable button to remove it.
- Open Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Add-ons from context menu.
- In the opened window, look for any malicious extension related to Search.rockettab.com and then click Remove button to wipe out it.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools → Extensions.
- Search for unwanted extension such as RocketTab and then click the trash icon to remove it.
Remove Search.rockettab.com homepage from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the top right corner and then choose Internet options.
- Then you will get a window as shown below. Highlight the malicious URL http://search.rockettab.com/. Right-click it and then choose Delete.
- Then you can type another preferable web address such as www.google.com into the Home page box or choose Use new tab as your homepage. At last, click Apply > OK.
- Open Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click Options.
- After you get a window as shown below, highlight the malicious homepage http://search.rockettab.com/, right-click it and then select Delete option from context menu.
- After that, you can type your desired web address into the Home Page box as your new homepage. (Or you can use a blank page as your new homepage.)
- Click the 3 parallel lines at the top right corner of Google Chrome and then choose Settings.
- In the opened window, click Set pages.
- Delete http://search.rockettab.com/ by clicking X at the end and then click OK button. (You can also enter another desired URL as your startup page in the box of Add a new page and click OK button.)
- Now return to the Settings window and click Change button.
- Delete Search.rockettab.com homepage http://search.rockettab.com/ and then click OK button.
Search.rockettab.com browser hijacker mainly spreads through free software, spam email attachments, suspicious sponsored links, and malicious websites like porn site or game site. To avoid being attacked by Search.rockettab.com in the future, there are some useful tips you should bear in your mind.
Download software from official website or reliable resource.
Always select Advanced or Custom installation when installing free software as the two options will help you check whether the chosen software carry other unwanted or unknown programs.
Avoid opening spam email attachments which may contain virus, spyware, worm, Trojan, etc.
Don’t click sponsored links at random which may force you to install unwanted software.
Never visit malicious websites especially porn site which are usually hosted by cyber criminals or hackers to harm your PC.
Install a professional anti-malware program like SpyHunter on computer which provides a real-time protection against spyware, rootkits, adware, Trojans, worms and other type of malware that try to attack your PC.
The following video offers a complete guide for Search.rockettab.com redirect virus removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!