Is Plusnetwork.com malware? It keeps redirecting my Chrome browser to its own page. I have checked my chrome’s homepage and I see a link that points to this website. So I delete it immediately. But after I restart the browser, this page http://plusnetwork.com still pops up as my homepage. I can neither find it in the list of all installed program nor detect it using my antivirus program (Kaspersky). Now I have no ideas how to permanently get rid of this website from my browser. Is there any effective way to get rid of this annoying stuff? Any help will be appreciated.
Browser hijacking is not something new and many malware developers have been using browser hijackers for years to boost website traffic and generate advertising revenue. Browser hijackers are everywhere and it is a common thing that users encounter browser hijacking problems. Some browser hijackers are easy to remove but some not. In most time, users need to use a specialized tool in order to completley get rid of the stubborn browser hijackers. If you have problem with Plusnetwork.com removal, you can follow our guide given below to clean it out of your PC. Or you can remove it now by downloading and using an exclusive malware removal tool.
Know about Plusnetwork.com
|Spreading Methods||Through third-party software/toolbars, malicious websites; suspicious ads; spam email attachments|
|Browsers Affected||Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera|
|Harmful Actions||(1) Alter browser settings and registry settings.
(2) Redirect search results to unfamilar websites.
(3) Display a lot of ads on webpage.
(4) Steal and share personal information with third parties.
|Removal Solution||Use a professional malware removal tool to automatically remove the browser hijacker or follow the guide below to manually remove it.|
Plusnetwork.com, developed by Zone Media Ltd, seems to be a general search page. But it can be classified as a browser hijacker due to the activities that it performs in users’ computers. Usually, a website becomes our homepage only when we set so. But if one day you find an unfamiliar website has set itself as the homepage or startup page of your browsers without your permission, the only explanation is that your computer has been infected by a hijacker browser. That is to say, to recognize whether your computer gets infected by a browser hijacker, you only need to check if your web browser’s homepage has been overriden, and if you’re automatically redirected to an unknown website whenever you start the browser. Acoording to recent research, Plusnetwork.com is found to change the default homepage and search settings in many popular web browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome without users’ knowledge and consent. When users open the affected browsers, they will keep being redirected to this page http://plusnetwork.com which is a search page offering the search service as what Google and Bing do. But what is different from those famous search pages is that Plusnetwork.com display ads under the search box.
Plusnetwork.com often gets installed on a target computer by coming together with some free software or third-party toolbars. The Messenger Plus! Community toolbar is known to bundle this browser hijacker. Users who install this toolbar under the Express or Recommended installation mode, they install the browser hijacker on their machines by default. Besides, Plusnetwork.com can be distributed via malicious websites, suspicious ads or even email attachments. Browser hijackers and other malware lurk in many corners of the Internet; often in places where you’d least expect it. It can be said that when surfing online, users’ every careless click could be result in the downloading of malwareon their devices.
Upon installation, Plusnetwork.com will instantly set itself as homepage of web browsers that are installed on users’ computers. At the same time, it changes the default search engine to its own. By doing so, it can force users to access the Internet through its website. Most users may have tried reset the homepage and default search engine but failed. This is not strange, since this browser hijacker has made some changes to the browser shortcuts and registry settings in order to prevent users from changing the homepage and search page back to the original ones. As the screenshot below shows, the browser hijacker can modify the web browser shortcuts to automatically load its own web page whenever users launch the browser. This is often done by a malware in order to hijack the homepage and keep redirecting users to a certain website.
Besides, Plusnetwork.com will modify registry settings without the users’ permission. It changes the start page to its own website address, so that it can keep popping up while the browser is started, even though users have deleted its website link from the browser.
Till now, you may have understood why you cannot completely delete Plusnetwork.com from your web browser. The browser hijacker not only alter your homepage and search page settings, but also modify browser shortcuts and registry settings. To perform a complete removal of this browser hijacker, you need to clean all its traces from your PC. Have no ideas how to do that? Don’t worry. We have offered the detailed guide that will help you get rid of Plusnetwork.com effectively.
Warm tip: If you are too impatient to read through the removal guide, just click the button below to download and run a professional malware removal tool to automatically remove the browser hijacker now.
Effects Caused by Plusnetwork.com
When being infected by a browser hijacker, your browsers’ settings will be inevitably modified and some other changes will happen as the browser hijacker begin to do more harmful things on the infected computer. Here’s a list of the typical effects Plusnetwork.com browser hijacker can have on your computer system.
- Homepage and search page are changed without permission and you cannot reset them back to the favorite ones.
- Some of your most visited websites or security-related websites may get blocked and you cannot access them.Some malicious websites URLs may be added to your favorite folder and you are redirected to those dangerous sites when open the browser.
- Your winsock list of providers which are used to resolve domain names may be altered without consent.
- You may be bothered by manay unwanted and annoying popup ads when browsing the web.
- Your search results may be redirected to some websites that you don’t have intention to visit.
- You may get a lot of sponsored links which are delivered by third parties when doing a search and clicking on these links could lead to downloading of unwanted software, browser add-ons, or malware.
- Your browser’s safety level may be lessened since various settings have been modified, which makes it vulnerable to malware attacks.
- Your search terms, browsing history and other online data may be recorded by the browser hijacker and further shared with third parties.
It should be noted that, a browser hijacker will quickly begins its tasks once it is installed on your PC. Although what it performs won’t destructive damage to your computer system, you shouldn’t overlook it, since small problems could lead to big problem. For the safety of your computer, it is highly recommended that you delete Plusnetwork.com without any delay.
How to Remove Plusnetwork.com Completely?
Many victims reflect that it is hard to manually get rid of Plusnetwork.com from their computers. This browser hijacker always comes back after they restart the browser. Do you also have the same problem? Don’t be upset anymore. Here we have solutions. You can quickly and completely remove the stubborn browser hijacker from your computer by downloading and using SpyHunter. Or, you can manually remove the browser hijacker by following the manual removal guide given below. But please note that removing Plusnetwork.com manually may be a risky task for inexperienced PC users. Without having a certain level of computer skill, it is hard for the users to complete all the complicated steps. Any mistakes during the manual removal process may cause serious system issues. Besides, the manual removal doesn’t guarantee an effective removal of the browser hijacker. If you fail to find out and delete the core files or codes of the browser hijacker from your PC, it will recover after you restart the computer. Generally, the manual removal steps just can help remove some simple malware. For those stubborn and hard-to-kill malware, you need to run an exclusive malware removal tool to clean them. Only in this way can you make sure a thorough removal of the malware. Now follow the guide below to start he removal.
Solution 1: Remove the browser hijacker with SpyHunter (Recommended).
Solution 2: Remove the browser hijacker by following the manual removal guide.
Solution 1: Remove the browser hijacker with SpyHunter (Recommended).
Please follow these steps to install and use SpyHunter to get rid of Plusnetwork.com from your PC easily!
- Click the download button below to download SpyHunter setup file on your PC.
- Once you have finished the downloading, double click the icon of downloaded file, and click the Run button when a dialog box appears as below.
- Choose the language you prefer and click the OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button.
- Now, SpyHunter is being installed on your PC. Please wait for a moment.
- When you are prompted that the setup is successful, please click EXIT button to exit the installation.
- SpyHunter will automatically run on your PC. By clicking the Scan Computer Now button on the main screen, you can start a full system scan of your computer.
- Now SpyHunter is scanning your drives, files and registry for existing threats. This process may take take quite a long time (depending on the number of files in your system) and you can do something else during this time.
- When the scanning is done, you will see all threats detected on your PC. They will be shown in a list and you can check all of them all by moving the scroll-bar up and down. As you can see as below, Plusnetwork.com has been detected by SpyHunter. To remove this browser hijacker and other threats from your system, you can simply click the Fix Threats button.
Warm tip: SpyHunter’s free version is only for malware detection. If you want to remove the threats found on your PC with SpyHunter, you will need to register in this program, namely buying its full version. If you have no understanding of SpyHunter and need more infromation about, please read here.
Solution 2: Remove the browser hijacker by following the manual removal guide.
To manually remove Plusnetwork.com, you need to clean it from all affected browsers, delete the unwanted shortcuts, and remove its related files and registry entries from your system. Please note that you should only delete the items associated with the browser hijackers. NEVER delete any unsure items casually, or else you may cause damage to your system. Now follow below steps with caution.
Step 1: Remove the browser hijacker from the affected web browsers.
1. Start Chrome browser. Click on the Chrome menu (3-bar icon) and select Settings in the drop-down menu.
2. In the open page, locate On Startup section, and click on Set pages.
3. Now a small window will pop up. Highlight the unwanted website URL and delete it by clicking on the X icon. Then, type your favorite website address, and then click the OK button.
4.Go back to the settings page. Locate the Appearance section, check Show Homepage button and then click on Change.
5. Delete the unwanted link from the Open this page field, then enter a website adress you like and click OK.
6. Go back to the settings page, locate the Search section, and then click on Manage Search Engines.
7. Under Default search settings section, make the search engine you prefer as the default.
8. Then, hover over the unwanted search engine and click the X icon. Finally, click on Done to save the change.
1. Open Firefox browser. Click on the Firefox menu (3-bar icon) in the upper right corner of the window, and then select Options.
2. A page will open as shown below. Under General, select Show my home page from the drop-down list of When Firefox starts. In the Home Page section, remove the link http://plusnetwork.com/ and then put the website URL you prefer into the blank.
3. Now click the Search tab in the left side, under the Default Search Engine section, click on the drop-down menu and select the search engine that you want to set as default.
4. Under the One-click search engines section, delete the the unwanted search engine by selecting it and clicking on the Remove button.
1. Open IE browser. Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the browser, and then select Internet Options from the drop-down menu.
2. Under General tab, delete the unwanted URL from the Home page section, and then type a website URL that you want to set as the homepage. Click OK to save the change.
3. Click the the gear icon and select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down menu.
4. Click Search Providers in the left side of the window, select a search provider available from the list that you prefer and click the Set as default button. Then, select the unwanted search engine and click on Remove button.
Step 2: Delete the affected browsers’ shortcuts.
The browser hijacker may modify the browser’s shortcuts in order to make its own website automatically pop up as the homepage. So, you need to check and delete the unwanted shortcuts from your web browsers. Here are the basic steps to clean the unwanted shortcut. We will take Google Chrome as example.
1. Right click on icon of Google Chrome browser on the desktop and select the Properties option.
2. Under the Shortcut tab, locate Target, and then remove the unwanted link added after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe”. Then, click OK to save your change.
To clean Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and other web browsers’ shortcuts, please apply the steps given above.
Step 3: Delete the browser hijacker related files and entries.
1. Navigate to the below directories, find and delete all the folders & files that are associated with the browser hijacker.
2. Open the local disk C, enter “plusnetwork” into the search box to search for any files or folders that hide in other places. If you find some files or folders, delete them all.
3. Press Window key + R key together. When a Run command box appears, type regedit into the Open field, and click OK.
4. Once the registry editor opens, click Edit and select Find option.
5. Type plusnetwork into the Find what field and click Find Next.
6. Once you get the search results, delete the entries related to the browser hijacker.
7. Click Edit – Find again, then the Find dialog box will reappear. Click Find Next to search for other entries related to the browser hijacker. Once you find some items, delete them all.
8. Keep searching for the browser hijacker related entries until you are shown the message as below. Click OK and exit registry editor.
Important Note: You should delete the files and entries related to the browser hijacker only . If you cannot find any file or entry that seems to be associated with the browser hijacker, you should give up this step. Don’t recklessly delete any unsure files or entries, otherwise you bring damage to your system or cause unwanted problems like data loss, and program failure. If you fail to accomplish the deletion of malicious files and entries on your own, it is strongly suggested that you get a professional malware removal tool to help you instead.
Plusnetwork.com is considered as a browser hijacker for how it enters a target computer and what it performs after the installation. Like many other browser hijackers, it usually gets into your computer by prompted by some free software. Sometimes, it sneaks into your computer when you visit dangerous websites, click on suspicious ads and open unknown emial attachments. Although this browser hijacker looks harmless that it provides search service for you just like what Google does, you shouldn’t overlook it. When it stays on your PC, it can change your browser settings, redirect you to unwanted websites, and deliver lots of unreliable ads. It could even steal your personal informaiton, such as your IP address, browser type, system version, search quaries, most-visited sites and clicked ads. This information is often used by some advertisers to analyze your preferences. Then, more target ads will be displayed on your web pages. Clicking on these ads may be dangerous, or at lest non-beneficial for you. If your computer has been infected by this browser hijacker and you are struggling to get rid of it but not succeed, then you can try following our removal guides given above. We offers two solutions, the automatic removal solution and the manual removal solution. We do not recommend novice users to attempt the manual removal, since it is more time-consuming, less-effective, and highly risky. Any wrong operation during the manual removal process could cause unexpected problems. So, using a professional removal tool will be a better option. A reliable tool can automatically detect all items related to Plusnetwork.com and remove them easily with only one click.
Have difficulty in manually removing Plusnetwork.com from your PC? Or you worry that any mistake during the manual removal will lead to severe system damage? Now use an effective malware removal tool to perform a quicker, safer and more effective removal of the browser hijacker!
The following video offers a complete guide for Plusnetwork.com browser hijacker removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!