Hackers or online criminals, whatever you call them, which are working every minute of every day to create new malware with the purpose of scamming users. Recently, many users’ computers were frequently invaded by Middle Rush. If you don’t want to be one of the victims, please read this article with patience. This article is created for those victims on how to completely get rid of Middle Rush from their computers and also for the Internet users who are looking for measures on how to protect their computers from malware infections.
What is Middle Rush & is it dangerous or not?
Middle Rush is treated as an adware also a deceptive software which pretends to claim it to be a useful and free software with the purpose of cheating users to download it. Actually, it did the opposite way; it didn’t help you enhance your browsing experience and provide you the best products with the lowest price as it promised. Once it gets installed on your PC successfully, it can corrupt your browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, interrupt you online activities and slow down your computer speed by keep displaying tons of nasty pop up ads, banners, coupons and deals on your webpage. Usually, those intrusive online advertisements generated by Middle Rush are labeled as “Powered by Middle Rush”, “Displayed by Middle Rush”, “Showed by Middle Rush” and so on. Since Middle Rush is supported by several forms of advertising, it means that you will be always hunted by the contents or the nettlesome ads of the third party every time you browse the web. Do you know how horrible it is if your web browsers are frequently flooded with endless advertisements all the time? It not only slows down your browsing speed but also greatly reduces your computer performance. Please bear in mind never click those ads or links powered by Middle Rush, maybe any simple click may cause high-risk adware or malware infection.
In fact, adware also belongs to a type of malware. When it comes to malware, it is very necessary to know about the harm brought by malware. At first, malware was created to destroy system files, but since the early 2000s, the primary motive for malware creation is to make profits via illegal means. Now, the malware is almost designed with advanced rootkits and keyloggers technology which can automatically record your online activities including your browsing history, search queries, passwords, credit card information or other important data in the background. Then it creates a fake login page for your bank’s website to steal your account information. You have to know that malware serve for hackers or cyber criminals. Once your vital data exposed to them, it will endanger your property safety. As one type of malware, Middle Rush will also do the same harm to your computer.
Since you have known that Middle Rush is a dangerous advertising product and your confidential data are likely to be exposed to hackers at any time. Do you still hesitate to get rid of it out of your PC? Remove it now!
Far more than those harms mentioned above, this tricky adware will also do other harms to damage your PC.
Middle Rush Removal Instructions
As an-advertising program, Middle Rush just aims to promote its products sale and boost web traffic, don’t expect you can get any real value from it. You should always bear in mind, like such kind of adware; it only has one goal that is to make profits for its supporter. So you should get rid of it immediately from your computer. Here, we offer you two methods: one is the manual method, the other is automatic method. Select the first method which means that you need to uninstall this threat from control panel on your own. Second, you still need to remove its pernicious add-ons and extensions from your browsers no matter your web browsers are Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. The third manual step is also the most difficult process; you have to completely delete all malicious registry entries created by this adware, thus, the annoying adware won’t come back to trouble you again. If you think the manual steps are complicated and hard to accomplish, then don’t hesitate to use the automatic method to quickly and completely wipe out Ads by Middle Rush. The following powerful removal tools are widely recognized by users.
SpyHunter Installation video
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installation video
Max Spyware Detector installation video
Manual Removal Methods
Step1. Uninstall Middle Rush via Control Panel.
- Click Start >Control Panel > Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Search for Middle Rush in the list of installed programs and then remove it by clicking Uninstall.
- Drag your mouse to the lower right corner of the screen, click Search icon at the top corner and then click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for Middle Rush in the list of installed programs and then eliminate it by clicking Uninstall.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Middle Rush in the list of installed programs and then uninstall it by clicking Remove button.
Step2. Remove unwanted add-ons or extensions from browsers.
- After you open your browser, click Tools > Manage Add-ons.
- Remove unwanted extensions by clicking Disable button.
- Launch your browser, click the icon in the top right corner and then click Add-ons.
- Delete Middle Rush by clicking Remove button on the right.
- Turn on your Google Chrome, click the icon in the top right corner and then click More tools > Extensions.
- Remove Middle Rush by clicking the trash icon on the right.
Step3. Delete malicious registry entry damaged by Middle Rush from Registry Editor.
- Simultaneously press Windows + R on your keyboard.
Note: The above operation is suitable for Windows 7, Vista, 8 and XP.
- Type “regedit” into the run box and then click OK button to open Registry Editor.
- Click Edit in the main menu and then select Find or Find Next option from the list.
- Type Middle Rush into the Find box and then click Find Next button.
- Then you will see the malicious registry entries created by Middle Rush.
- Remove http://www.middlerush.com and then click OK button.
- You still need to delete other registry entries damaged by Middle Rush.
Step4. How to protect your browsers against Phishing and Malware invasion?
If you are using Internet Explorer, you’d better Turn on SmartScreen Filter to prevent phishing and malware invasion.
Q1. How to Turn on SmartScreen Filter?
Q2. What is SmartScreen Filter? & how can it help protect you?
For question one, the detailed operation steps as below:
- Open your browser, click Safety > SmartScreen Filter > Turn SmartScreen Filter. (If your SmartScreen Filter is close, you need to open it.)
- Choose Turn on SmartScreen Filter (recommended) and then click OK button.
Brief introduction to SmartScreen Filter:
SmartScreen Filter is a feature in Internet Explorer that helps detect phishing websites. SmartScreen Filter ca also help protect you from installing malicious software or malware, which are program that demonstrate illegal, viral, fraudulent, or malicious behavior.
How can it help protect you?
SmartScreen Filter helps to protect you in three ways:
Note: Sometimes, users often ignore the capabilities of browsers; they just enjoy the fun of surfing the internet so that their computers are frequently attacked by malware or other baleful programs. As a computer user, it is very necessary for users to be familiar with the functionality of web browsers so that they can protect their computer for better.
For Mozilla Firefox, how to prevent Middle Rush or malware invasion in the future? Please be serious to perform the following operation.
- Launch your Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 stripes icon in the upper right corner and then click Options from the list.
- Click Security tab on the left and then check the following options under the General section.
If you are using Google Chrome, you’d better enable phishing and malware protection to against Middle Rush or malware invasion in the future. The detailed steps as follows:
- Launch your Google Chrome, click the 3 stripes icon in the top right corner and then click Settings from the list.
- Scroll down your mouse to the bottom and then click Show advanced settings…
- In the privacy section, check the Enable Phishing and malware Protection.
If you don’t take some precautionary measures in advance, it is hard to quarantine your computer won’t be attacked by malware. Hackers or cyber criminals can disrupt your computer’s operation and hijack your web browsers in all kinds of ways. Also, it is capable of collecting your sensitive information according to your online behavior. So the only way to keep your PC malware-free is to take protective measures.
1. Install, update and use anti-virus software
Installing antivirus software is the first step to protect against malware. Second, update your antivirus software to the latest version. The last step is to use antivirus software scan your system regularly. Please bear in mind the three simple steps.
2. Turn on firewall for better PC protection.
A firewall is a network security system that monitors and controls the incoming and outgoing network traffic based on predetermined security rules. In other words, it acts as a barrier between a trusted network and other untrusting networks — such as the Internet.
3. Use the latest version of your web browser
Web browsers are very important applications, but just like other software, they can contain bugs. Hackers can quickly invade and create malicious bogus web sites with data designed to exploit them. Once attacked, hackers can monitor everything you type, including passwords to credit card numbers. That’s why it’s vital to use the latest version of your web browser.
4. Be careful of random pop-up windows, error messages and attachments
Avoid clicking any random pop up windows especially are those error messages that claim that your computer gets infected with virus and you need to download software to fix it. When facing this situation, first you should run your antivirus software to have a scan of your PC for checking whether your computer gets infected with virus or not. Otherwise, never download any software from the pop up window. Sometimes just simply clicking on a fake error message can trigger a drive-by malware download. Second, avoid opening attachments unless they come from a source you trust. If you are not sure, check the file using antivirus software before open it on account of malware prefer to disguise in an email attachment.
5. Think thrice before downloading or installing any software
Before downloading any software, make sure the software you are going to download comes from reliable resources, if you don’t trust 100%, think thrice before downloading. We are not recommended you to download any applications from unknown websites for that often conceal a lot of harmful or malicious programs. In addition, when installing software, don’t forget to select Advanced or Custom installation rather than Quick or Express installation. If any unknown add-ons or extensions added to the software, you should decisively refuse to install the software in order to prevent any potentially unwanted programs entering your C.
Anyway, I hope this article is useful for you.
Top Anti-Malware Removal Tools Recommended to You:
The following video offers a complete guide for Middle Rush adware removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!