Your default homepage changes into http://www.kilo-search.com without any permission? A lot of unwanted toolbars increase to your web browsers? Always can’t get reliable search results or be frequently redirected to questionable websites when using this search engine? Have no idea to get rid of it? Don’t panic! This post will offer you the detailed removal steps to completely eliminate kilo-search.com homepage and the malicious toolbars.
What is Kilo-search.com?
You should know that most browser hijackers or adware often distribute in free programs. When you select to install kilo-search.com, if you pay no attention during the installation process and opt for Quick or Express Install it recommended for you, you will find that you will install some additional toolbars on your PC. Usually, those free toolbars claim that they are designed to make browsing and searching the Internet faster and easier. It seems that those toolbars can offer you better service. Is it really so good? Once the toolbars installed on your computer, they will automatically add to your web browsers. In fact, those toolbars are created to deliver the third party advertisements on your webpage and collect your relevant personal information even share the data with cyber criminals through the Internet for money. Don’t underestimate the functionality of network. Except for providing the convenience for users, it also can put them in danger. Apart from distributing in free programs, such browser hijacker still prefers to distribute in spam email attachments, infected files, p2p files sharing and some suspicious websites or sponsored links. So you should avoid opening unknown emails or frequently visiting questionable sites.
What harm will kilo-search.com serve you once installed?
Like other browser hijackers, kilo-search.com is also a big threat for your computer. Once installed, it will replace your default homepage and search engine with its own http://www.kilo-search.com without any permission. Moreover, your browsing activities will be recorded by Babylon Ltd. It claims that the purpose of recording your personal information such as URL address, search queries browsing, files formats, IP address, and browser type is to serve you relevant and better search results. As a matter of fact, it serves you tons of pop up ads in your search results rather than reliable or relevant results. Although it shares a similar appearance with the legitimate website, it is not useful as you imagine. In reality it is just an advertising platform that serves for its supporters. Like such developer of malware always comes up with a variety of ways to implant their software into users’ computers. After you install its app, you will find that you can get nothing but more trouble from it. Furthermore, in order to make more profits, some software companies often collaborate with third party. If you suffered the browser hijacker before, you will find that it is extremely annoying. In addition to modify your browser settings, it may slow down your browsing speed even break down your system.
Kilo-search.com Removal Instructions
As we mentioned above, kilo-search.com is regarded as a harmful browser hijacker. It changes your default homepage and search engine. And also implants unwanted plug-ins and extensions on each web browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. So you need to remove it and its malicious homepage immediately before further damage. Here, you can choose the manual removal methods or the automatic removal tools to completely eliminate this browser hijacker out of your PC. But it is necessary to remind you the manual removal methods are never recommended to those who are not skilled in dealing computer problems. If you persist in trying the manual methods, please follow the detailed removal steps given below.
Manual Removal Steps
Step1. Remove unwanted toolbars and extensions from browsers.
1. Open your browser, navigate to main menu and click Tools > Manage Add-ons.
2. Search for any unwanted extensions and click Disable button in the lower right corner to remove them.
1. Open your browser, navigate to the upper right corner and click the icon, then choose More Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for any unwanted extensions related to kilo-search.com and click the trash icon on the right to terminate them.
1. Open your browser, navigate to the top right corner and click the icon, then click Add-ons.
2. Click Extensions on the left, look for any suspicious or unwanted extensions and then click Remove button on the right to delete them.
Step2. Remove kilo-search.com homepage from browsers.
How to remove kilo-search.com from Internet Explorer?
1. Open your browser, navigate to the main menu and click Tools > Internet Options.
2. Remove kilo-search.com homepage and then you can type a preferable one as your new homepage. Finally, click Apply > OK button.
Remove harmful search provider from Internet Explorer.
Open your Internet Explorer, click Tools > Manage Add-ons. click Search Providers on the left, and then make Google or Bing as your default search engine and remove the malicious one.
How to remove kilo-search.com from Mozilla Firefox?
1. Open your browser, click the icon at the upper right corner and then click Options.
2. Remove kilo-search.com homepage and enter a desired one as your new homepage. And then click Use Current Page button.
Remove malicious search engine from Mozilla Firefox.
In the Options window, click Search tab on the left and choose your default search engine such as Google.
Now, scroll down your mouse, search for the unwanted search engine, click Remove button to get rid of it.
How to remove kilo-search.com from Google Chrome?
1. Launch your browser, click the icon at the top right corner and then choose Settings.
2. Mark the Open a specific page or set of page and then click Set Page.
3. When a window pops up as below, delete kilo-search.com homepage by clicking×in the end and click OK button.
Remove malicious search engine from Google Chrome.
In the Settings window, scroll down your mouse until you find Manage search engines… button and click it.
Then remove kilo-search.com this harmful search engine, and then select Google or the other one as your default search engine. Don’t forget to click Done button in the lower right corner.
Step3. Delete kilo-search.com from browsers shortcuts.
1. Right-click Internet Explorer shortcut on your Desktop and then left click Properties.
2. Remove kilo-search.com path in the Target box. Remember never delete other components and then click OK button.
Note: The removal steps above are suitable for other web browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. But we still provide the steps and the corresponding pictures for reference.
1. Right click your Mozilla Firefox shortcut and then left click Properties.
2. Delete kilo-search.com path in the Target box and click OK button.
1. Right click your Google Chrome shortcut and then left click Properties.
2. Delete kilo-search.com path in the Target box and then click OK button to complete the operation.
Step4. Reset your browsers to default settings.
Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open your browser, click Tools in the main menu > Internet Options.
2. Click Advanced tab in the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
3. When a window appears as below, don’t forget to check the delete personal settings and then click Reset button to finish the operation.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Open your browser, click the 3 stripes icon in the top right corner and then click the question mark in the lower right corner of your browser.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information.
3. Click Refresh Firefox.
4. Click Refresh Firefox to complete the resetting process.
Reset Google Chrome
1. Open your browser, click the 3 stripes icon in the top right corner and then click Settings.
2. Scroll down your mouse to the bottom; click Show advanced settings… link.
3. Keep scrolling down, click Reset settings button.
4. When a confirmation window pops up, click Reset button to finish the resetting process.
Automatic Removal Tools
The computer specialists claim that automatic removal tools are the safest and the most effective way to remove malware infections. The manual removal methods can’t guarantee you can completely get rid of kilo-search.com and its malicious files or toolbars. So it is highly recommended you to use automatic anti-malware removal tools to quickly and thoroughly eliminate all traces of malware.
Recommended for you:
Adaptive Spyware Detection and Removal Tool
Deliver ongoing protection against the latest malware, Trojans, rootkits and malicious software.
FREE support and daily definition updates to address current malware trends.
Spyware HelpDesk generates FREE custom malware fixes specific to your PC.
Click here to free download SpyHunter. (It is advised you to save the downloaded file on your Desktop.)
Once finished downloading, double-click the downloaded file on your Desktop and follow the on-screen instructions to install SpyHunter. Click EXIT button until all tasks successfully complete.
After that, launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your computer by clicking Scan computer Now.
Finally, click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats. Now, kilo-search.com should be gone from your computer.
Below is the SpyHunter installation video which can help you install SpyHunter faster. In order to watch more clearly, it is advised you to watch in full screen.
Protects you and your PC from virtually every kind of online criminal
Defends from malware that antivirus can’t detect
Protects itself against malware’s attempt to disable it
Blocks sites that try to steal your personal information
Click here to download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. (It is advised you to save the downloaded file on your Desktop.)
Once finished downloading, double-click mbam-setup-2.0.exe on your Desktop and follow the on-screen prompt to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Then click Finish button.
Next, launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to have a full scan of your compute by clicking Scan Now button.
After ended scanning, please click Remove Selected button to terminate all detected threats.
If you are afraid of making mistakes during the installation process, it is advised you to watch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installation video given below.
Speed up & Regain Control of your PC by quickly and easily eliminating Spyware & Adware that invade your privacy and security.
Frequent Daily Updates protects you from millions of threats.
Best Anti-Roootkit Technology to detect all types of hidden malware.
Free 24×7 Email, Live Chat & Remote Tech Support, guaranteed Virus Removal.
Click here to download Max Spyware Detector. (It is advised you to save the downloaded file on your Desktop.)
Once finished downloading, double-click the icon MaxSDDM.exe on your Desktop and follow the on-screen Setup Wizard to install Max Spyware Detector. After that, Max Spyware Detector will automatically launch a quick scan of your system.
After ended scanning, click Fix Issues Now to remove all detected threats.
The Max Spyware Detector installation video below will help you install faster. It is advised you to watch in full screen.
Whether it is browser hijacker or adware, it will attack our web browsers immediately once it gets its way to our computer. Please remember you have to raise your vigilance when surfing the Internet. Never let malware or any threats dominate our computer. Once the malware enter our PC, we should quickly get rid of it with the powerful and professional removal tools in order to avoid causing greater damage.
The following video offers a complete guide for Kilo-search.com redirect virus removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!