Keeps being redirected to Mysearchmarket.com when you start the browser or open the homepage? If so, your computer may be infected by certain potentially unwanted program. Follow the instructions in this post to remove the suspicious programs and repair the browser hijacking issue step by step.
What is Mysearchmarket.com?
Mysearchmarket.com is considered as a browser hijacker that changes users’ Internet settings such as homepage without permission. It usually comes bundled with other freeware from the Internet and spreads among many computers via networks. If you recently downloaded and installed a program which has this browser hijacker in its installer but you paid no attention to its installation process, your browser settings may be changed. The browser hijacker may change your default homepage, default search engine, new tabs of the browser and other settings. Every time you open the browser, the page as the following screenshot will occur:
It provides you with search services like other famous search engines. However, it’s supported by advertising and you will see numerous sponsored ads in the search results when you do a search through its services. Please note that such browser hijackers are used to generate web traffic and display advertising. Those 3-rd party ads or other content promoted by it may not be safe. When seeing those links to external sites, you’d better not click on them because they may redirect you to websites which contain harmful content. The My Search Market site is responsible for them. Thus, to protect your computer and your personal privacy, don’t click on or download any file that has not been verified from the Internet when you use the services of this browser hijacker.
Moreover, companies which advertise on that site may collect information from you if you click on their advertisements or access their sites. Your personal data may be collected and used for commercial purposes or other illegal purposes. Therefore, you need to read their terms and privacy policies before visiting or using their products or services.
Note: Sometimes the browser hijacker may lead to more other cyber threats on your PC. If your computer performance slows down drastically after infection, you need to perform a scan of the system with an advanced anti -virus/spyware program. Delete any malicious files and keep your PC free of viruses.
Mysearchmarket.com browser hijacker removal guide overview:
- Step1: Uninstall unwanted programs associated with Mysearchmarket.com
- Step2: Check browser extensions/add-ons and remove any suspicious
- Step3: Repair your browser settings like the homepage if they got changed
- Step4: Reset your browser settings to their original defaults (Optional)
- Step5: Use powerful malware removal tool to remove Mysearchmarket.com
Step1: Uninstall unwanted programs associated with Mysearchmarket.com
Windows 10: open the Start menu, click on Settings, Click System on the Settings menu and then click Apps & features from the left pane. Select the unwanted program in the right pane and click on Uninstall button.
Windows XP/7/Vista: Click Start, and go to the Control Panel.
Windows 8/8.1: Right click on Start button and select Control Panel from the menu.
Double click on Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) or click the Uninstall a program link under the Programs heading if you’re under view by: Category.
From the installed programs within your system, select the program associated with Mysearchmarket.com and then click the Uninstall/Change button or Remove button.
Follow the uninstall instructions that appear on the screen and make sure that all of the components if prompted are deleted completely.
Step2: Check browser extensions/add-ons and remove any suspicious
Sometimes, unwanted browser add-ons/extensions may be installed to your web browsers when your computer is infected by potentially unwanted programs. If they don’t show up in Control Panel, you need to check the browser extensions and delete the one that is associated with Mysearchmarket.com.
Open IE. Click on Tools on the menu bar and select Manage add-ons from the menu.
In the Manage Add-ons window, under Add-on Types, select Toolbars and Extensions.
Select any add-on/toolbar related to Mysearchmarket.com that is available and click on Remove button to clear it from IE.
To remove the extension related to Mysearchmarket.com from Google Chrome:
Open your Chrome, click the menu button and select More tools and then Extensions.
If you find the unknown extension, click the trashcan icon to remove it from Chrome.
Open Firefox browser. Click the Firefox menu button and choose Add-ons to open the Add-ons Manager page.
Select the Extensions on the left. Search for the add-on that may be added by the unwanted program and click Remove to delete it.
Step3: Repair your browser settings like the homepage if they got changed
If you find the default homepage, default search provider or the browser shortcut are tampered with the unwanted program, follow the instructions below to reverse step by step.
- Open IE. Click on the Tools and click Internet Options.
In the Internet Options window, go to the General tab, under Home page, delete Mysearchmarket.com if there is and then type the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage. Click Apply and OK.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar and select Manage add-ons from the menu.
In the Manage Add-ons window, under Add-on Types, select Search Providers. Choose a search engine and you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
Select the unknown or unwanted search engine, and click Remove button and then click Close.
- Right-click the Internet Explorer shortcut from the desktop or the Start menu and select Properties from the menu.
In the Internet Explorer Properties window, locate to the Shortcut tab, delete any text after iexplore.exe in the Target field and then click Apply and OK.
- On the browser, click on Chrome menu button and select Settings.
Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. If you find Mysearchmarket.com is displayed there, delete it and click on OK to save the changes.
Scroll down to Appearance, check Open Homepage button and click on Change link. If any unwanted url is found there, you should delete it by click on the “X” button.
2 Under Search section, click on the arrow button and select your preferred search engine.
To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
- Right-click the Chrome browser shortcut from desktop or the Start menu and select Properties.
In the Google Chrome Properties window, click the Shortcut tab, check the Target field and remove any text after: chrome.exe if there is. Click OK to save the changes.
- Open Firefox. Click on the Firefox menu and select Options from the menu.
In the Options page, click the General on the left side. Under Startup, select Show my home page after When Firefox starts:. If Mysearchmarket.com is displayed in the Home Page field, delete it and then enter the address of your preferred page.
- Click on Search on the left side of the Firefox Options page. Under Default Search Engine section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
To delete the unwanted search engine, under One-click search engines section, select the one you want to remove and click on Remove button. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
- Right-click the Firefox browser shortcut from desktop or the Start menu and select Properties.
In the Mozilla Firefox Properties window, under the Shortcut tab, check the Target field and delete any text after: firefox.exe. Click OK to save the changes.
Step4: Reset your browser settings to their original defaults (Optional)
If the steps above fail to delete Mysearchmarket.com from your browsers, you can try resetting the browser settings to defaults to troubleshoot the browser hijacking and other browser problems caused by unwanted programs.
One the browser, click the Tools button and click Internet options.
In the Internet Options window, under the Advanced tab, click Reset.
In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset button.
When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close. You may need to restart the PC to reset IE completely.
Click on the chrome menu icon and then select Settings from the menu.
In the Chrome Settings page, click on Show Advanced Settings… at the bottom of the page and then click on Reset browser settings.
Click on Reset button when the dialog box asking for your confirmation pops up.
Click on Firefox menu icon and click Open Help menu (question mark icon) at the bottom of the menu and then select Troubleshooting Information. Or you can click on Help on the menu bar and select Troubleshooting Information.
In the Firefox Troubleshooting Information page, click on Fresh Firefox… button.
Click on Refresh Firefox button again in the pop-up window to restore the settings of Firefox.
Step5: Use powerful malware removal tool to remove Mysearchmarket.com
If manual method doesn’t work, you need to use a professional removal tool to delete the threat automatically. Advanced anti- virus/malware software can detect and delete the components of the unwanted program thoroughly and prevent them from coming back.
Here are three top removal tools recommended to you:
SpyHunter is a professional anti-malware program that can find and delete threats including Trojans, spyware, adware, browser hijackers and other unwanted programs. Being equipped with advanced technology, it is able to detect and remove many threats that other security tools can’t find or clear. When you have trouble deleting Mysearchmarket.com, follow the guide below to use SpyHunter to delete it quickly.
- Free download SpyHunter to your computer.
- Close all running files, programs and browsers. Update the DB version and product version of SpyHunter to the latest versions and then click on Scan Computer Now button to scan the PC. This often takes several minutes to finish.
- When the scan has completed, click on Fix Threats button to clear all the threats found related Mysearchmarket.com.
- You need to click on Register Now button to register for the full version of SpyHunter and purchase it so as to remove all the detected threats completely.
Malwarebytes is an application that finds and removes malware from your PC. It is available in a free version and a paid version. You can try the free version of it first and see if Mysearchmarket.com can be found and deleted. If necessary, you can purchase the paid version to enjoy scheduled scans, real-time protection and a flash memory scanner.
- Download Malwarebytes to your computer.
- Run mbam-setup.exe and follow the Setup Wizard to install it on the computer. Select the language you need, click on Next to continue, choose I accept the agreement, choose your desired destination location, select the start menu folder you want and then decide if you want to create a desktop icon and then click on Install button. Before clicking on Finish, you can check the checkbox of Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware option.
- If the database version is not the latest, click on Update Now to make it the newest version. Then click on Scan Now button to scan your PC.
- When the scan has finished, click Remove Selected button to clear all the threats. The annoying browser hijacker will be gone after a PC restart.
Max Spyware Detector is a tool that is able to detect and delete and recover spyware with an option of quick and full scan. If you can’t manually delete all the components of Mysearchmarket.com, try this tool. It can find out all the malicious add-ons, plug-ins, cookies and other threats on your machine to protect your privacy. This tool can also improve your PC performance.
- Download Max Spyware Detector Download Manager on your PC.
- Run Max Spyware Detector Download Manager to download Spyware Detector. Then install the tool by following the Max Spyware Detector Setup Wizard.
- Click on Live Update to update the software to the latest version. And then run it to perform a quick scan or full scan as you prefer.
- When the scan has completed, click on Fix Issues Now button if there is any threats detected.
If you encounter other browsers hijackers similar to Mysearchmarket.com, follow the removal guide in this post and they can’t be deleted from the PC completely as well. Some browser hijackers can be removed easily. However, some browser hijackers can’t be deleted manually. At this time, you will need a professional malware removal tool to get rid of them automatically. To avoid such unwanted programs, you need to be more careful when surfing the internet.
The following video offers a complete guide for Mysearchmarket.com redirect virus removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!