Part1 – What is Safesurfs.net?
Safesurfs.net belongs to malware family. But to be more precise, it is classified as browser hijacker similar to Safebrowsing.biz. Both of them share the common characteristics – modify the browser settings, replace the default homepage, New tab, startup page even default search engine without asking your approval. Moreover, most of your browsers like Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer will be the target it attacks. Most of browser hijackers are created to generate revenues for its developer through redirecting users to specific websites or advertising sponsored websites rather than helping users get a quick access to many famous sites like Facebook, Twitter, eBay, Amazon, etc.
Part2 – Safesurfs.net interferes with your browsing activities
I think you have noticed that your browser homepage and search engine have been changed to Safesurfs.net as soon as the browser hijacker entered the target computer. No matter you open your browser, the search bar is just Safesurfs.net page. You can’t easily get rid of it. What’s worse, the browser hijacker can randomly redirect your search results to sponsored websites to increase website traffic or advertise other advertising products. All of these are not related to your search information. A few days ago, one of my friend’s PC got infected with Safesurfs.net malware. She told me that she is going to be crazy. She can’t browse the web smoothly. She can’t visit her favorite site. She said lots of unknown programs icons are added to browser toolbar that seriously interfere with her browsing activities. Luckily, she successfully removed the browser hijacker with mine instruction. If you are unluckily to be one of the victims, you also can quickly get rid of Safesurfs.net by following the removal guide below.
Download Malware Removal Tool Now!
Part3 – Safesurfs.net endangers your PC security
As mentioned before, any types of malware including Safesurfs.net are developed for malicious purpose. The most typical characteristic of a browser hijacker is to take a control of users’ browsers and forward them to the webpage that it wants no matter you are willing to visit or not. Usually, the specific page distributes all sorts of malicious programs like spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, etc. Such types of malware are hard to be detected by common security software. They are skilled at using hidden and encrypted files to protect themselves and monitor your browsing activities furtively every time you surf the internet. Please note that spyware aims to gather personal information and may send such information to hackers or cyber criminals without your knowledge and consent. Rootkits are typically malicious. They are used to install rogue programs and other Trojans stealthily on the target computer. However, keyloggers refers to the action of recording the keys struck on a keyboard. Users simply do not know they are being monitored. So it is dangerous if your personal information like credit card details, password, email address, phone number is exposed to hackers or cyber criminals.
Part 4 – Safesurfs.net distribution
Nowadays, cyber criminals still prefer to distribute malware through the following ways also the main ways:
A deceptive pop up window
Usually the types of spam emails used by cyber criminals to trick you include lottery scam, phishing scam, credit card scam, fake antivirus scam, etc. When you receive these emails, you should be careful. You’d better delete them once received to reduce the risk of infecting malware. Cyber criminals use spam emails as attack vector mainly because spam is pervasive. Users won’t keep vigilance as they may receive dozens of emails a day. Second, malware developer can add infected attachments and links to spam emails. Once you click on the link, you will be redirected to a malicious websites that automatically download malware onto the computer.
Here is a diagram shows that the share of global spam as percentage of total e-mail traffic from 2007 to 2014.
From the chart, we can see that spam email traffic is still beyond half of the total although the number has been in decline gradually.
Share of Spam with Attachment / URL
If you want to know more about spam, see this page.
In recent years, Drive-by-downloads has become a popular way to spread malware like Safesurfs.net. Such attack vector mainly works by exploiting vulnerabilities in web browsers to distribute malicious codes or rogue programs. Hacker or cyber criminals use advanced techniques to darken the malicious codes so as to bypass the detection of antivirus software. Therefore, you may have started installing malware on your PC without awareness when visiting a website, clicking a deceptive pop up window or opening an email message.
Before suffering from further damage – identity theft & data breach, we highly recommend you to get rid of Safesurfs.net browser hijacker as soon as possible.
Effective Safesurfs.net Removal Guide (Hot & Guaranteed)
|Install SpyHunter to remove Safesurfs.net||Install PCKeeper Antivirus to remove Safesurfs.net|
Support Windows 7/Vista/8/10/XP
Support Windows 7/Vista/8/10
SpyHunter is a real-time and advanced anti-malware application certified by West Coast Lab’s Checkmark Certification program (A highly regarded independent security and product testing service). The powerful malware scanner is designed to assist computer users in protecting their PCs from malicious threats. Besides, with its advanced technology, SpyHunter can quickly detect, remove and block browser hijacker, adware, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, Trojans, worms and other types of malware.
Easily detect, remove, and block the latest malware like browser hijacker (Safesurfs.net), spyware, Trojans, worms, rootkits, keyloggers, etc.
Daily malware definition updates ensure complete protection from the latest malware threats.
Free technical support and custom malware fixes
Identify and stop any processes that attempt to secretly auto-start malware entries by exploiting the Windows registry.
Step1. Download SpyHunter – A Real-time Malware Removal Tool.
Step2. Once finished downloading, click Run button.
Step3. Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
Step4. Click CONTINUE button.
Step6. Now, SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
Step7. Click FINISH button to complete SpyHunter installation. Then SpyHunter will automatically update to the latest version. Just wait for a few seconds.
Step8. Next, SpyHunter will quickly scan your PC (Drives, files, registry, etc). You will see that Safesurfs.net and other potentially unwanted programs are quickly detected by SpyHunter.
Step9. Click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: SpyHunter’s free version only provides free scan and detection to your PC. To get rid of this browser hijacker and other potential threats, you need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter.
PCKeeper Antivirus is a powerful antivirus removal program that can provide you a real-time protection against all online threats and helping you block potentially harmful files infected with viruses. The advanced removal tool is certified by Microsoft and integrated with Avira Secure Anti-Virus API; built on official Avira’s anti-malware scanning engine, which makes your PC system run optimized and virus-free. Most of all, it is easy to use and requires only one click for your custom system scan. With PCKeeper Antivirus, system problems, viruses, malware and security vulnerabilities may be fixed just within a few seconds.
Fast PC Cleanup
24/7 Live Technical Expert
Step1. Download PCKeeper Antivirus – A Reliable Antivirus Program.
Step2. Once finished downloading, click the downloaded file and then it will pop up a window as shown in the figure below. Click Run button.
Step3. When a dialog box pops up as shown below, click Start Install button.
Step4. Then you will see the following dialog. Please wait for a moment until PCKeeper Antivirus is installed successfully.
Step5. After successful installation, double-click PCKeeper Antivirus icon on your Desktop.
Step6. Now, PCKeeper Antivirus is gathering data about installed security programs and configuring the antivirus. Please wait for the loading patiently, it may take a few minutes.
Step7. Run PCKeeper Antivirus to scan your PC now. You can choose Full Scan or Custom Scan. If you want to check the whole system for viruses, you can select Full Scan. If you want to quickly check specific files or folders, you can opt for Custom Scan.
Step8. Now, PCKeeper Antivirus is scanning your system, the infected files are quickly detected by the powerful removal program.
Step9. After finishing scanning, you will see all the types of infected files as well as the file path. Selecting these infected files and then click Delete button to quickly remove them.
Note: Click Show Support Bar, you will get our Live expert one-to-one assistance. Thus, you can quicker get rid of the malware from the infected computer.
Safesurfs.net Self-help Steps
Note: If you think you are an advanced computer user and good at dealing with computer problems, you can try the manual removal ways to get rid of Safesurfs.net from your computer. Browser hijacker or other types of malware prefer to install its components as well as potentially unwanted programs to your Control Panel and automatically run in the background as a regular program. So in first step, you are advised to uninstall all malicious programs by following the steps given below.
- Click Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program under Programs category.
- Find out any suspicious programs in the list of installed programs and click Uninstall to remove it.
- Click Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for all malicious programs and click Remove button to delete them.
- Right-click Start menu and select Programs and Features.
- Look for unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and click Uninstall to get rid of them.
- Click Start menu and select Settings.
- Click System.
- Select Apps & features from the left pane, then choose all questionable programs you wish to uninstall by clicking Uninstall button.
Download Malware Remover to delete all the malicious components, files and registry entries related to Ssafesurfs.net.
Note: The free scanner we recommend to you will quickly scan the drives & registry and automatically delete all the harmful files.
Whether you have noticed that your browser startup page is always Safesurfs.net page http://safesurfs.net/. Well, the common characteristic browser hijacker may do is to modify your browser shortcuts properties by adding the malicious components to the target field. Don’t worry; you can quickly get rid of Safesurfs.net from your browser shortcuts by following the steps given below. Take Chrome as an example.
- Right-click Chrome shortcut on the Desktop and select Properties.
- In the Target field, remove the unnecessary components behind .exe and click Apply > OK button.
Note: If you use other browsers such as Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, the above steps are also available to delete Safesurfs.net browser hijacker.
- Click the Chrome menu (3 parallel lines) and select More tools > Extensions.
- Choose all vicious extensions and click the trash icon to delete them.
- Click the 3 parallel lines and select Settings.
- Under Startup option, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete unwanted website by clicking X icon.
- Go back to Settings page. If your default homepage has been changed, click Change link under Appearance.
- Delete malicious homepage and click OK button. Or you can type a desired homepage as your default.
If your default search engine has been replaced by Safesurfs.net, you can change your default search engine by clicking the inverted triangle icon. Then click Manage search engines.
- Remove unwanted search engine Safesurfs.net by clicking X icon.
Well, after finished the above steps, I suggest you to reset your Chrome to default settings. See the guide below:
- Click the Chrome menu and choose Settings.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom and click Show advanced settings.
- Continue to scroll down and click Reset settings button.
- After a message box pops up, click Reset button to reset Chrome.
- When you finish the steps, restart your PC.
Remove Safesurfs.net add-ons，homepage and search engine from Firefox
- Click the Firefox menu at the upper right corner and choose Add-ons.
- Delete everything related to Safesurfs.net by clicking Remove button.
- Click the Firefox menu at the top right corner and select Options.
- Remove malicious homepage http://safesurfs.net/.
If your default homepage has been replaced by Safesurfs.net, follow the guide below to completely remove it.
- Click the Search tab and select Change Search Settings.
- Click the inverted triangle icon to change your default search engine. You can choose a preferable one like Google as your default.
- Then scroll down your mouse, find out unwanted search engine and click Remove button to delete it.
(Optional) Reset your Firefox to default settings.
- Click Firefox menu at the upper right corner and click the help icon located in the lower right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Refresh Firefox in the opened window.
- When a message box pops up, click Refresh Firefox to reset Firefox.
- Restart your computer.
Remove Safesurfs.net from Internet Explorer.
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner and select Manage add-ons.
- Remove suspicious plug-ins by clicking Disable button.
If your default search provide has changed to Safesurfs.net, click Search Provider on the left bar, look for the unwanted search engine and click Remove button to erase it.
Please note that the typical characteristic a browser hijacker do is to hijack your browser homepage. Safesurfs.net is no exception. Please follow the guide below to remove the malicious homepage from your Internet Explorer.
- Click the gear icon at the top right corner and select Internet options.
- Delete the pernicious homepage http://safesurfs.net/. Then you can choose Use new tab or type a desired page as your default homepage. After that, click Apply > OK button.
To make sure a complete removal, you are advised to reset your Internet Explorer to default settings. See the guide below:
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner and select Internet options.
- In the opened window, click Advanced tab and click Reset button.
- When a dialog box pops up, check Delete personal settings and click Reset button.
- Then you will receive a message box. Click Close to complete the process.
Important notes: If the manual removal steps can’t help you completely get rid of Safesurfs.net, it’s quite obvious that Safesurfs.net is a stubborn browser hijacker that can be totally removed only depending on a powerful Malware Removal Tool such as SpyHunter or PCKeeper Antivirus.
How to protect yourself
We must not be taken lightly when browsing the web. Maybe hackers or cyber criminals are exploiting your system or browser vulnerabilities to attack your PC at this very moment. In the past, maybe a reliable antivirus program is enough to protect your PC security. But now it can’t. Thousands of malware are released on the internet every single day. The common security software just can help to detect but can’t help to remove. Only a real-time anti-malware program can thoroughly remove all types of malware and effectively block malicious programs from entering your PC.
In addition, to protect yourself, you should avoid
Visiting malicious websites
Opening spam emails
Downloading freeware from potentially shady website
The following video offers a complete guide for Safesurfs.net removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode