Recently, many users’ PCs get infected with GetPrivate virus. The following two victims of GetPrivate are seeking help in Quora and Google Chrome. If you are one of them who are seeking solutions to get rid of Ads by GetPrivate, please read this post below with patience, you will get a professional help.
Basic Description of GetPrivate
It seems that GetPrivate is a really good and helpful application which can help you prevent snoopers, hackers, ISP’s from viewing your web browsing activities, instant messages, downloads, credit card information or anything else you send over the network according to the description of its developer. Although GetPrivate has its own official website and provides a direct download link, it is not a helpful application as you expect. At first sight, it really looks like a legitimate application. However, GetPrivate is classified as a PUP or an adware. It is created to promote the thirty party advertisements. After you download this software, you will find that it generates tons of annoying pop up ads, coupons, banners on your webpage. You should be aware that hackers and scammers can use these ads to make you visit their malicious websites that are full of viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootkits or other malicious programs. GetPrivate claims that it is a VPN (Virtual Private Network) which can make sure that all your internet connections are safe. But in reality this stubborn PUP secretly records your personally identifiable information and uses it as a means of making money. Some tricky software developers often cheat users into downloading its rogue application by boasting the function of the software. As a computer user, we should be very careful when downloading free software.
As mentioned above, GetPrivate, as an ad-supported program, without question, its true purpose is to make money from users by attempting them to click the ads displayed by the PUP so that they can get pay-per-click revenue. To generate more annoying pop up ads, coupons, banners on your webpage, GetPrivate will install itself on all your web browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome as browser extension, add-on, toolbar or plug-in. Do not foolishly think you can easily get rid of these nasty pop up ads from your browser. When you try to close the pop-ups, you may be redirected to some third party websites or other unknown websites hosted by hackers or cyber criminals who are capable of stealing your personal information like username, login password, IP address, email address, credit card details, etc. Worse still, you may be forced to download its rogue software which claims to help you fix your computer problem. Never believe that! After you download its software, you will find that your PC infects more virus or malware. My computer ever infected with adware. It is really annoying. No matter I enter which website or open any of my web browsers, the annoying ads powered by the adware never stop. So does GetPrivate!
In addition to display endless pop up ads on your webpage, GetPrivate also creates a lot of malicious registry entries in your Registry Editor which are hard to be deleted by the manual removal method. Besides, this unwanted application installs lots of its harmful files in your Local Disk C which use a large amount of system resources. Keeping such rogue application on computer will greatly slow down your computer speed even reduce your computer performance.
Note: If you are the unlucky one to be one of the victims, please use our recommended professional anti-malware program SpyHunter to quickly remove Ads by GetPrivate as well as all malicious registry entries, files created by it.
Maybe your PC gets infected with GetPrivate due to you directly download it from its website. But most potentially unwanted programs spread mainly through freeware installation. Adware-type applications including GetPrivate are often bundled with free software like Media Player, Adobe Flash Player, SRecorder, Java, etc. Developers of free programs usually earn money from all kinds of third parties for spreading their products together with the freeware. Many users don’t know most of the products are created to display various advertisements. To avoid additional programs entering your PC, you should pay attention to the installation process. Always select Advanced or Custom Install instead of Quick or Express Install as rogue programs like GetPrivate always conceal in Advanced or Custom Install. If you see the additional programs that you don’t know, never check them.
GetPrivate Removal Instruction
GetPrivate manual removal is very hard to perform that only recommended by experienced computer users.
Step1. End GetPrivate Process From Task Manager.
- Right-click the Taskbar and then select Task Manger.
- In the opened window, find out GetPrivate.exe from all the processes.
- Right-click GetPrivate.exe and choose End Process to terminate it.
- When a window pops up as shown below, click End Process button to stop GetPrivate.
Step2. Uninstall GetPrivate From Control Panel.
- Click Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for unwanted program GetPrivate from the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
- Click Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs
- Look for GetPrivate from the list of installed programs and then click Change/Remove button.
- Right-click Start at the lower left corner of your screen and then select Control Panelfrom the menu.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a programunder Programs.
- Look for GetPrivate from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Attention: If you can’t find GetPrivate from your currently installed programs, please run a professional malware scanner to detect and uninstall the stubborn adware.
Step3. Remove Unwanted Extensions/Add-ons From IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Open IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Manage add-ons.
- In the opened window, look for GetPrivate or any unwanted extension and then click Disable button.
- Open Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Add-ons from context menu.
- In the opened window, look for malicious extension Ads by Powered by GetPrivate and then click Remove button to delete it.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools →Extensions.
- Search for unwanted extension Ads Powered by GetPrivate and then click trash icon to remove it.
Step4. Delete Browsing History From Web Browser.
- Open IE, click the gear icon and then choose Safety → Delete browsing history.
- In the opened window, check the options you want to delete and then click Delete button.
- Open Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the upper right corner and then select Options.
- In the opened window, click Privacy tab and then click clear your recent history link.
- After a window pops up as below, check the options you want to delete such as Browsing & downloading history, cookies, site preferences. Select the time by clicking the icon located in the upper right corner and then click Clear Now button.
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools → Clear browsing data….
- In the opened window, check the options you want to delete and choose the time by clicking the triangle icon, then click Clear browsing data button.
Step5. Delete the files & folders of GetPrivate from Local Disk C.
Delete the files and folders listed below:
Delete file: C:Program FilesGetPrivate.exe
Delete file: C:Program FilesGetPrivateuninsall.exe
Delete file: C:Program FilesGetPrivateVPN.dll
Delete folder: C:Program FilesGetPrivate
Step6. Delete Malicious Registry Entries Created by GetPrivate From Registry Editor.
Note: This is the most difficult part, so you need to be extremely careful. If you make mistakes during the removal process, it may cause your system to be permanently damaged. If you are a computer novice, don’t try to challenge this step. You’d better download a professional GetPrivate scanner to completely and safely get rid of the harmful registry entries created by the stubborn PUP.
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- Type regedit into the box and click OK button.
- In the Registry Editor window, click Edit and then select Find option.
- Type GetPrivate into the box and then click Find Next button.
- Delete the malicious registry entry uudate created by GetPrivate.
- Delete GetPrivate folder.
Attention: To make sure you have removed all malicious registry entries created by GetPrivate, you need to continue to perform the above step. (Edit→Find→GetPrivate→Find Next) If it still shows any malicious registry entries related to GetPrivate, you need to delete them one by one. In order to avoid deleting some important files, it is highly advised you to use a professional removal tool – SpyHunter which helps you automatically get rid of all the traces of the PUP including the malicious files and folders in your Local Disk C, the harmful entries in your Registry Editor as well as the unwanted extensions/add-ons in your web browser.
Remove GetPrivate PUP With SpyHunter.
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware program certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System which can help you detect and remove all types of malware including adware, virus, spyware, worm, Trojans, browser hijacker, rootkits and more. SpyHunter responds with industry-leading innovative technologies to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats and offers additional customization capabilities to ensure every user is able to custom tailor SpyHunter to fit their specific needs. With SpyHunter, you can browse the web safely and quickly. SpyHunter provides a real-time protection against malware and blocks hacking and phishing attempts. No malicious programs can bypass the detection of SpyHunter. Research shows that more than 50 million users keep their PCs secure with SpyHunter.
Excellent Features and Benefits of SpyHunter
Detect, remove and block spyware, rootkits, adware, keyloggers, cookies, Trojans, worms and other types of malware.
System Guards will identify and stop any processes that attempt to secretly auto-start malware entries by exploiting the Windows registry.
Daily malware definition updates ensure complete protection from the latest malware threats.
>> Free Download SpyHunter by clicking the button below.
SpyHunter Installation Process:
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- SpyHunter is scanning your computer. The PUP GetPrivate is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finishing scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
- Restart your PC.
Important Tips to Protect Your PC From Malware Infection.
1) Do not open spam emails.
Research shows that lots of junk emails are designed by hackers or cyber criminals to spread viruses and malware. When you receive an unknown email, you’d better not to open it before checking. Many users don’t know cyber criminals usually use spam emails to carry out scam activities. Anyway, please be extremely careful with those emails titled with Prize or Best Deals. Once you receive such email, please delete it immediately.
2) Download software only from official or reliable websites.
Many notorious websites often provide free download links of some popular software even paid software. Actually, the true purpose of the website is to promote its rogue applications. In general, these infamous websites bundle their rogue applications with the formal software that users can’t find. After you install the chosen software, you will find that there are extra unwanted applications or programs in computer. Moreover, you can’t uninstall the malicious programs from your Control Panel. To avoid the installation of additional programs, you’d better download software only from official websites.
3) Always opt for Advanced or Custom installation when installing freeware.
Many computer users always pursue the quick installation when installing the free software. They seem to pay no attention to the installation process. According to the survey, freeware have become one of the major channels to spread malicious programs, adware, spyware, browser hijacker and more. Unwanted program like GetPrivate is often bundled with freeware. It comes into your PC without your knowledge and consent if you choose Quick, Express or Typical Install. To protect your PC from malicious programs, you are highly advised to choose Advanced or Custom Install which will help you reveal all extra programs hidden in your chosen software.
4) Install a professional anti-malware/anti-virus program to keep your PC safe.
As we all know, almost all the viruses and malware such as adware, spyware, Trojans, rootkits and worms mainly spread though Internet. To effectively block viruses or malware from trying to attack your computer, the best way is to install a professional anti-malware program on computer which will provide a real-time protection against malware infection. Here, we highly recommend the best anti-malware program SpyHunter to you. The top anti-malware program is used by the majority of the users and does a really good job for malware removal.
The following video offers a complete guide for GetPrivate adware removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!