It is reported that many users’ PCs get infected with Serpens recently. But they can’t find this program in their Control Panels. The victims seek help online and want to know the reason. In reality, Serpens comes into the target computer as a browser plug-in or extension that most of unsuspecting users are not aware of. Although it is just a browser extension, it also belongs to adware family judging from its behavior. It shares the same characteristic with other adware like Dolphin Deals, Cash Kitten and Generous Deal. Once infected, it will keep displaying tons of intrusive online advertisements on the webpage you visit. No matter you want them or not, they are always there. Most of them appear in your screen in the form of pop up window and are labeled with Ads by Serpens, Powered by Serpens, Brought by Serpens, Serpens ads, etc. Due to Serpens is an ad-supported program, so most of the time you can see those annoying pop up ads showing on the famous shopping websites like Wal-Mart, Amazon, eBay, Best Buy, etc. Displaying on these famous shopping sites is easier to attract users’ attention than any other general shopping sites. Thus, the click rate will be higher. At the same time, the Serpens developer can also get the pay-per-click revenue. You should know that any adware is created to make profits for its supporter.
Without knowing about adware program, you may think that Serpens ads can really help you find the best deals or provide a quick entrance to your favorite shopping sites. Don’t mistakenly think that it is a useful tool that can customize your shopping. Clicking any pop up ads powered by Serpens may drop new malware to your computer. Besides, it may redirect you to other unsafe sites where are usually designed by hackers or cyber criminals to steal users’ sensitive data like login password, credit card details, or any other privacy data. In addition to these potential hazards, you may encounter this kind of situation; you are always redirected to such webpage that forces you to download its rogue Windows Repair Tool after you click those Ads by Serpens or try to close the pop up window. Don’t fall into the trap designed by the third party or hackers. Once infected with Serpens adware, it is also the common phenomenon to suffer the changes listed below.
1) It takes a long time to start your computer.
2) Computer speed becomes slower and slower.
3) Poor computer performance.
4) Computer frequently crashes.
5) Lots of unwanted plug-ins and extensions are added to browser.
6) Browser settings may be modified.
Have you realized the potential harm through reading the above content? Do you want to look for the quickest way to remove this annoying adware? If so, use a professional Serpens removal tool to eliminate the adware as soon as possible.
Serpens spreading route
No matter it is adware or other malware, the popular way to spread malicious programs through freeware packaging. The so-called ‘bundling’. So you should pay more attention when downloading and installing freeware. Computer experts always suggest downloading freeware or shareware only from its official website. In addition, security experts also suggest that you are recommended to choose Custom or Advanced installation when installing free software. Because malicious program like Serpens usually conceal within these two options. Selecting either one you will know about whether there are additional programs bundled with your freeware. It is a good way to prevent malware from entering the target computer. Serpens adware also distributes in spam e-mails, malicious sites, suspicious links or commercial ads. Therefore, be cautious when browsing the web. Make sure you won’t visit any malicious sites or open any spam emails without scanning by your antivirus software first.
Serpens adware is a big computer threat that can completely destroy the whole operating system if you don’t get rid of it as early as possible.
Serpens Removal Guideline
Please follow our professional removal method (Automatic & Manual) to quickly get rid of Serpens malicious program from your computer. Before removing, I’m willing to reminder you Serpens manual removal steps are quite difficult to finish for a computer novice and an inexperienced user. If you are not skilled at dealing with computer issues, you’d better choose an automatic removal tool. SpyHunter is widely recognized as a top anti-malware removal tool which has successfully helped many victims solved their problems. With SpyHunter, you can quickly and completely remove Serpens as well as all potential threats introduced by the adware within a few minutes.
Excellent Features of SpyHunter:
A reputable and powerful anti-malware/anti-spyware program
Detect, remove and block adware, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, cookies, Trojans, worms and other types of malware.
Identify and stop any processes that attempt to secretly auto-start malware entries by exploiting the Windows registry.
Respond with advanced technology to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats
Daily malware definition updates ensure complete protection from the latest malware threats.
Compatible with Windows, 7, Vista, 8, 8.1, XP, Windows 10, etc
>> Free download SpyHunter by clicking the button below.
Installation procedure of SpyHunter
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Serpens Manual Removal Guideline
Step1. Delete Serpens malicious folders and files from Local Disk C.
- Go to your computer and then double-click Local Disk C.
- Then double-click Program Files (x86)
- Find out Serpens folder and then delete it. (See below image)
Step2. Uninstall Serpens malicious program from Control Panel.
For Windows 7/Vista user
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs category.
- Look for Serpens from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall to remove it.
For Windows XP user
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- In the opened window, click Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Serpens program in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Remove button to uninstall it.
For Windows 8 user
- Right-click Windows Start (at the lower left corner of your screen) and then select Control Panel from the drop down menu.
- Click Uninstall a program under Programs category.
- Now you will get a window as shown below. Look for any malicious programs related to Serpens in the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
If you can’t find Serpens in your Control Panel, please run a Malware Scanner to scan your PC. The free scanner can help you quickly detect the hidden program Serpens adware and completely get rid of it from the infected computer.
Step3. Remove Serpens plug-ins, add-ons and extensions from Chrome/Firefox/IE.
For Chrome user
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then choose More tools → Extensions.
- In the Extensions window, search for any suspicious extensions related to Serpens and then click trash bin to delete them.
For Firefox user
- Click the menu button (at the top right corner of Firefox) and then click Add-ons.
- Now you will get a window as shown below. Look for the malicious extension Serpens and then click Remove button to eliminate it.
For IE user
- Click the gear icon (at the upper right corner of IE) and then select Manage add-ons from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, XP user, click Tools menu and choose Manage add-ons from the drop down menu.
- In the Manage add-ons window, search for any unwanted add-ons and then click Disable button to terminate them.
Step4. Reset Chrome/Firefox/IE to remove Serpens.
- Click the menu button (at the top right corner of Chrome) and then choose Settings from the drop down menu.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom of the window, find out Show advanced settings and click it.
- Then keep scrolling down to the bottom until you find Reset settings button and click it.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Reset button to reset your Chrome.
- Restart your PC.
Reset Firefox user
- Click the menu button (at the top right corner of Firefox) and then click the help icon (at the lower right corner).
- Select Troubleshooting Information from the list.
- Now you will get a window as shown below. Click Refresh Firefox button.
- After a message box pops up as below, click Refresh Firefox button to reset your Firefox.
- Don’t forget to restart your computer.
- Click the gear icon (at the upper right corner of IE) and then select Internet options from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, XP user, click Tools menu and then select Internet Options from the drop down menu.
- In the Internet options window, click Advanced tab (at the top right corner) and then click Reset button.
- Then you will get a window as shown below. First, check the Delete personal settings, and then click Reset button.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Close button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Malware is everywhere. To protect yourself from malware or virus infection, something important tips you should bear in mind.
- Keep away from any malicious websites or web pages.
- Don’t open spam e-mails sent by unknown people.
- Never randomly click pop up ads or sponsored links showing on the page you visit.
- Download any freeware only from official site or reliable source.
- Always choose Advanced or Custom installation when installing freeware.
- Update your anti-virus software to the latest version and run it to scan your PC regularly.
- Install a reputable anti-malware program to protect your computer in real-time. The powerful malware removal program we recommend is SpyHunter. The best anti-malware program can quickly detect and remove all kinds of malware like Adware (including the most stubborn adware such as Serpens), browser hijackers, Trojans, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, worms, etc. Besides, SpyHunter is designed with advanced technology which can effectively block any malicious websites that try to attack your PC. Moreover, it can also identify and stop any processes that attempt to secretly auto-start malware entries by exploiting the Windows registry. Free download SpyHunter by clicking the button below.
The following video offers a complete guide for Serpens Adware removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!