Did you install Innovate Direct on your computer but don’t know how to get rid of it? Or did this program get installed without your permission? Are you annoyed by the ads brought by that program? How to remove Innovate Direct from your computer completely? Follow the instructions below and you will learn more about the software and be able to clear the unwanted software.
What is Innovate Direct?
Innovate Direct is a free tool that claims to enhance users’ browsing experience. However, it is ad-supported. This program displays various advertisements on the web pages when users use it. It can be classified as a potentially unwanted program. If you’ve never installed this application but it appears on your machine, your computer is probably invaded by PUPs.
Due to this PUP, your browser settings may be altered and your browsing experience will be also interfered with. The adware is compatible with most web browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Safari. It installs a group of web browsing features and functionalities that customize and enhance your interaction with the websites you visit by displaying texts, graphics, or other interactive content in your browsers. It may also change the homepage and search engine and other settings of your browsers. If your computer has this program installed, it’s not surprising to find some new toolbars or new tabs when you’re using the web browsers.
Many computer users want to remove Innovate Direct because it displays a number of advertisements including, without limitation, banner and video ads, in-text ads and links, web browsing-related ads, interstitial, transitional, search, and full page ads. You may see some pop-up ads labeled with “Powered by …” that contain further information about the advertisements. Is it safe to click on those ads provided or promoted by the adware? We suggest you not click on the third-party content because some of them may install other unwanted programs on your PC or steal your personal data when you visit them. The adware is not responsible for them and you click on or access any third-party content to at your own risk. To protect your computer and personal information, please read the EULAs and privacy policies of the websites or products before you make a purchase or download. If you find any software that may violate your personal privacy or cause problems, please uninstall it immediately.
Your personal information including personally identifiable information (such as full name and address) and non-personally identifiable information (such as websites visited and search queries submitted) will be collected by the software and shared with third party service for commercial purposes. The adware collect your personal information by using some data tracking and collection technologies when you use the software. Then third parties can provide you relevant content and advertising. As a result, you will receive more ads based on what you searched before when viewing web pages.
Note: To prevent your computer from more other unwanted files and programs and keep away from the annoying ads while viewing web pages, you have to remove Innovate Direct from the computer as soon as possible. If you find it difficult to uninstall the unwanted software from your Windows manually, use a powerful third-party removal tool to clear the program quickly.
How do potentially unwanted programs like Innovate Direct spread?
Commonly, adware, spyware, browser hijackers and other potentially programs can be distributed in the following ways:
- Covertly piggybacking on a legitimate application
- Selling Facebook likes.
- Posting scam messages on Facebook.
- Hijacking Google AdSense
- Unintended browser extensions and plug-ins
- Forced installation along with legitimate applications
For more information about PUPs, visit here.
How to get rid of Innovate Direct from your computer step by step?
- Step1: Uninstall Innovate Direct from your computer
- Step2: Remove the unwanted add-ons/browsers from browsers
- Step3: Repair your search engine if it got changed
- Step4: Clear your browsing history and cache
- Step5: Use a removal tool to clear leftovers of Innovate Direct
Step1: Uninstall Innovate Direct from your computer
Right click the Start button and select Control Panel from the menu. You can also use Win + X key to open the menu and select Control Panel.
Click on Programs and Features and open Programs and Features (View by: Large icons) or click on Uninstall a program under Programs (View by: Category).
All installed programs will be displayed. Select the unwanted program and click on Uninstall button.
Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the removal.
Click Start button and select Control Panel from the menu.
Double click on Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) or click on Programs and Features/Uninstall a program under Programs (Windows 7/Vista) depending on the view by: style.
Find Innovate Direct and click on Remove or Uninstall button to get rid of it from the computer.
Step2: Remove the unwanted add-ons/browsers from browsers
Since the program may install some plug-ins, toolbars or add-ons/extensions to your web browsers, you need to take a look at your browser extensions and remove any items that are associated with the potentially unwanted program. Some may not be displayed in the Add/Remove Programs list.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu icon and choose Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- In the window, select Toolbars and Extensions. If any add-on or toolbar related to the adware is found, select it and click on Remove button to delete it.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu icon in the top right corner of the browser and then choose Add-ons.
- Click on Extensions in the Add-ons Manager page.
- If you find any unfamiliar add-on that may be installed by Innovate Direct, click on Remove button to uninstall it immediately.
- Click on the Chrome menu icon and choose More tools then Extensions in the drop-down menu.
- In the Extensions page, select the extension that is associated with the unwanted program and click on the trashcan icon next to it to remove the item.
Note: If you have difficulty in deleting the browser plug-ins, toolbars or browsers add-ons/extensions, use Max Spyware Detector to scan your PC and remove them completely and quickly. It’s a tool that is good at detecting and removing such malicious plug-ins.
Step3: Repair your search engine if it got changed
To display advertisements on your web pages, the adware may change your default search engine to another one without your permission. If you find the search engine has been replaced with another one, follow the instructions below to delete the unwanted one and set the default search provider.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu icon and select Manage add-ons.
- Select Search Providers under Add-on Types. All the search engines will be showed. Choose the adware and click Remove button. Select your desired search engine and click Set as default button to make it your default provider.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu icon and select Options from the menu.
- Go to Search on the left of the Options page.
- Under Default Search Engine section, click on the arrow icon and all search engines available on Firefox will be showed. Choose the one you want and set it as the default search engine.
- Under One-click search engines section, choose Innovate Direct or other unwanted search engine and click on Remove button. It will be uninstalled from your Firefox.
- Click on Chrome menu icon and select Settings from the menu.
- Navigate the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the desired search engine as your default search engine.
- You can also click on Manage search engines… link and hover over the search engine want. Select Set as default to set it as the default search engine. To delete the search engine, you can point to it and then click the “X” icon.
- Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step4: Clear your browsing history and cache
Sometimes Innovate Direct may download or save some junk files on your PC. To free up your hard disk space and prevent the unwanted program from coming back, please clear the browsing history and cache.
(Note: You can use Ctrl + Shift + Delete key shortcut to access quickly. This applies to IE, Firefox and Google Chrome.)
Click on Safety and then select Delete browsing history…. from the drop-down menu.
Tick the checkboxes of Temporary internet files, cookies and website data, history and other items that may contain the information of the adware and then click on Delete button.
Click on History and then choose Clear Recent History… from the pull-down menu.
In the pop-up window, select the proper time range. Go to Details section, check the checkboxes of cache, cookies, browsing and download history and so on. Then click on Clear Now button.
Click on the Chrome menu icon and then select More Tools -> Clear browsing data…..
Choose the proper timeframe and all relevant items such as Browsing history, Download history and Cookies and other site and plug-in data that need to be deleted and then click on Clear browsing data button.
Step5: Use a removal tool to clear leftovers of Innovate Direct
If the adware program is still on your computer after you have followed the steps above, you need to use a powerful malware removal to completely clear the leftover files and registry entries of the software. A professional removal tool like SpyHunter is able to find and remove adware, spyware and other potentially unwanted programs completely. When you experience such unwanted items which can’t be removed through Control Panel, use SpyHunter to perform a scan of the system and remove all threats found. Then your computer will become clean again.
Save SpyHunter-Installer.exe to your PC and then run it to start the installation. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation. When all tasks are successfully completed, click Exit button. SpyHunter will launch automatically.
Ensure that both the product version and DB version of SpyHunter have been updated to the newest versions. Close all running files, folders and applications and then click Scan Computer Now button to start scanning.
When the scanning is complete, all threats associated with Innovate Direct will be showed in the scan results. Click on Fix Threats button and clear all the threats. (Note: To completely remove the threats and protect your PC, you need to register for the full version of SpyHunter first.)
Tips and Warnings:
To avoid unwanted software like Innovate Direct in the future, you need to be cautious when surfing the web. It’s important to keep anti-virus/malware software and personal firewall on the PC for they can defend your machine against malicious programs timely. In addition, read the EULAs and privacy policies carefully before you install any program. Don’t keep clicking on “Next” or “I Agree” without taking a look at the content. When those “special offers” that you don’t want are displayed during installation, click on “Cancel” or “Decline” to reject them. Never visit malicious websites or click on links or attachments from emails sent by stranger or even your friends if you are not sure about what they may include. Keep away those clickable pop-ups when you view web pages because they may link you to unwanted websites or download potentially unwanted programs on your PC.
Anyway, form safe browsing habits and read the EULAs and you can effective prevent the machine from PUPs. An excellent real-time anti-malware program is also necessary to block and remove the unwanted adware programs like Innovate Direct.
The following video offers a complete guide for Innovate Direct Adware removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!