Hello, I think I got a virus on my PC. It is called “NavSmart.info”. My browser keeps redirecting to its homepage http://navsmart.info/ when I launch my Chrome. I try to get rid of it by uninstalling the browser. But I find my other web browsers are also the target of the virus. I navigate to check the suspicious processes in my Task Manager but nothing malicious programs can be found. I replace my default homepage to remove the annoying page but it comes back when I open a new tab. How can I eliminate this stubborn virus from my machine? Anyone can tell me how to do? Any helpful removal steps recommended to me? Many thanks.
What is NavSmart.info?
You may think NavSmart.info is a great search tool as it shares a similar appearance with your famous search engine such as Google. I strongly suggest you stay away from it. NavSmart.info has been detected as a browser hijacker by anti-malware application. After your PC gets infected with it, you will notice that the browser default homepage, startup page, new tab and search engine have been fully occupied by http://navsmart.info/ without any permission no matter you use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari. To trick users into believing it is a useful search provider, NavSmart.info provides a quick access to lots of popular websites (including shopping sites, social network sites, video sites, etc). Nowadays, many questionable search engines use such means to cheat users. Since you have realized it is not a reliable search engine, you should remove the browser hijacker as soon as possible to avoid further damage.
To take a full control of all your web browsers, this browser hijacker appends its URL http://navasmart.info to the Target filed of your browser shortcuts. Such modification will frequently lead to a browser redirection issue. Every time you click the browser shortcut on the Desktop, you will be directly redirected to NavSmart.info page. This questionable search engine is quite annoying and it will also significantly reduce the browsing experience. Don’t foolishly think that you can get a quick search result as it promises to you. In reality it serves you more pop up ads and sponsored links instead of an accurate and quick search result. These pop up ads or links windows may be unsafe. Clicking any of them will forward you to harmful ad sites even malicious websites. Many users don’t know that malicious sites usually distribute all types of malware like adware, spyware, Trojans, rootkits, etc. These vicious programs come into your computer without any approval. Have you ever thought of the consequence?
Don’t know how to get rid of NavSmart.info? Why not try a powerful malware removal tool to eliminate the browser hijacker easily and fast from your PC? The powerful malware remover we recommended to you can help quickly detect the malicious program and delete it within a few minutes.
Similar to Viceice.com and Trotux.com browser hijackers, NavSmart.info is installed through freeware downloads or file sharing sites as well. So you should pay more attention to the freeware download and installation process. Download any free applications only from its official website as most unofficial sites prefer to insert malicious programs into the free software. Beyond that, you can’t ignore the installation process. Before clicking Next, Agree and Install button, you’d better check whether the chosen software carries other additional programs or not. You can check this by clicking Advanced or Custom Installation option. Any unknown programs can be found, uncheck them and then continue your installation. Never hurry to click Next button. Perhaps, your PC gets infected with NavSmart.info due to you randomly click suspicious sponsored links & pop-ups on the webpage you are visiting. Or open any unknown email attachments sent from hackers or cyber criminals. All of this may lead to virus or malware infection.
How to remove NavSmart.info from computer?
NavSmart.info is a stubborn browser hijacker that can’t be easily removed by simple manual removal. You can turn to a much easier and quicker way to get rid of the browser hijacker from your PC. Computer experts always recommend users to use a professional malware removal tool to easily & fast eliminate any types of malware without leaving any traces and improve computer performance & speed.
Here, the malware remover we recommend to you is SpyHunter.
SpyHunter is a powerful malware removal tool certified by West Coast Lab’s Checkmark Certification program (A highly regarded independent security and product testing service). It is designed to assist computer users in protecting their PCs from malicious threats. Besides, with its advanced technology, SpyHunter can quickly detect, remove and block browser hijacker, adware, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, Trojans, worms and other types of malware.
>> Download SpyHunter and run it to remove NavSmart.info now!
Please follow the steps below to install SpyHunter on your computer.
- Once finished downloading, click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Now, SpyHunter is scanning your computer. Please wait for a moment.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: SpyHunter’s free version only provides free scan and detection to your PC. To get rid of this browser hijacker and other potential threats, you need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter.
Manual Removal Steps
Step1. Remove NavSmart.info from Control Panel.
Windows 7/Vista: Go to Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program under Programs category.
Windows XP: Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
Windows 8/10: Right-click Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program under Programs category.
- Look for the suspicious program NavSmart Uninstall in the list of installed programs, then click Uninstall/Remove button to eliminate it.
Step2. Remove NavSmart.info from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
Remove unwanted search engine from IE
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of IE and select Manage add-ons from the drop down menu.
- In the opened window, click Search Providers tab on the left, set a preferable search engine as your default such as Bing, then search for the unwanted search engine and click Remove button to delete it.
Remove NavSmart.info homepage
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of IE and choose Internet options from drop down menu.
- In the General window, delete the malicious URL http://navsmart.info/ and type a desired domain as your new homepage, then click Apply > OK button.
Remove malicious search engine from Mozilla Firefox
- Click Search tab icon and then select Change Search Settings.
- Under Default Search Engine, click the inverted triangle icon to choose your favorite search engine such as Google.
- Scroll down your mouse, look for malicious search engine under Search Engine box, then click Remove button to delete it.
Remove NavSmart.info homepage from Firefox
- Stay on the Options page, now, switch to click General tab on the left. Remove the malicious homepage http://navsmart.info/and enter a preferable web address as your new page.
Remove malicious startup page and homepage from Google Chrome
- Click the menu icon located in the upper right corner of Chrome and choose Settings option from drop down menu.
- Now, you will get the window as shown below, click Set pages link.
- Delete malicious URL http://navsmart.info/ by clicking X icon at the end and enter a desired web address such as www.google.com as your new startup page, then click OK button.
- Now, click Change link in the Settings window.
- Delete the malicious homepage http://navsmart.info/. You can type another web address as your new page or choose Use the New Tab page and click OK button.
Remove pernicious search engine
- In the Settings window, click Manage search engines button.
- First you should choose a preferable search engine as your default such as Google. Then delete NavSmart.info search engine by clicking X icon at the end (Move your mouse to the end, the X icon will show up). After that, click Done button.
Step3. Fix your browser shortcut target.
Fix your IE shortcut target
- Right-click the IE shortcut on your Desktop or Taskbar, then select Properties.
- Remove http://navsmart.info/argument in the Target filed, then click Apply > OK button.
Fix your Firefox shortcut target
- Right-click your Firefox shortcut on Desktop or Taskbar and choose Properties.
- In the Target filed, delete http://navsmart.info/ argument, then click Apply > OK button.
Fix your Chrome shortcut target
- Right-click Chrome shortcut on your Desktop or Taskbar and select Properties from the list.
- In the Target field, remove everything after .exe, then click Apply > OK button.
Step4. Reset your IE/Firefox/Chrome to remove NavSmart.info.
- Click the menu icon at the top right corner of IE and then click Internet options from drop down menu.
- When a window pops up, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner, then click Reset button.
- After a message box shows up, check Delete personal settings and click Reset button.
- When a dialog box pops up, click Close button to finish the operation.
- Click the menu icon in the top right corner of Firefox and then click the help icon in the lower right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Refresh Firefox in the opened window.
- After a message box pops up, click Refresh Firefox button.
- Click the menu icon located in the top right corner of Chrome and then choose Settings.
- In the Settings window, scroll down your mouse to the bottom, find out Show advanced settings link and click it.
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom, find out Reset settings button and click it.
- Then a dialog box will show up as shown below, click Reset button.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
How to protect your PC from malware attack?
To protect your PC against today’s rampant computer threats, there are some practical tips you should follow to minimize the risk of malware infection and attack.
1) Install Firewall
Firewall is a network security program. It creates a barrier between the computer and any unauthorized programs that try to come into your computer through the Internet. It can be said that the first step to provide security to your PC is firewall.
2) Install Antivirus Software
Antivirus software can help you to protect your PC from any unauthorized software like virus, Trojans, keyloggers or worms that will endanger your system and slow down your computer speed.
3) Install Real-Time Anti-Spyware Software
Just installing antivirus software doesn’t provide a sufficient safeguard from malware (adware, spyware, browser hijacker and ransomware) attack. Spyware is designed to collect users’ personal information without any approval and transmit these data to third parties or hackers for illegal purpose. Common antivirus software is hard to detect spyware or other stubborn malware software and remove them from computer. Only Anti-Spyware Program can detect stubborn malware and help you to deal with it.
Real-Time Anti-Spyware Application (Recommended for you)
4) Use Complex and Strong Passwords
Complex and strong password requires 8 characters in length at least which should include lower case, upper case, special symbols, number, etc. Complicated passwords are difficult fro hackers to break. In addition, when you browse the web and login your password to make a deal, you’d better not save your password on a web page.
The following video offers a complete guide for NavSmart.info Browser Hijacker removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!