Keep being redirected to Search.tv-newtabsearch.com when you open the startup page or homepage? Have tried many methods but still fail to get rid of the annoying virus from your computer? If you are encountering Search.tv-newtabsearch.com hijacking your browsers but don’t know how to delete it, read on and you will find the solution.
What is Search.tv-newtabsearch.com?
Search.tv-newtabsearch.com is considered as a browser hijacker. It often changes the internet settings of browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Safari without users’ permission. If your browser homepage is suddenly changed to this unfamiliar site and you’re redirected to it every time you run the browser, it’s very likely that your browser is affected by the browser hijacker. The website looks like those famous search providers such as Google, Bing and Yahoo (shown in the screenshot below)
It contains a search box that enables you to search for information on the Internet. It also provides you several entries of common social-networking and shopping sites such as Facebook, Youtube and Amazon and so on. It sounds great. However, the browser hijacker is add-supported and it usually displays advertisements in several forms when you use its services. It is capable of changing the default search provider and then delivering a number of sponsored ads related to your search. For example, when you search for “remove adware” by using its search service, a new tab will open automatically with search results from Bing. Many sponsored ads will be displayed above the useful information that you really want. (As the screenshot below shown)
Please note that those ads or products promoted or displayed through the browser hijacker may not be trustworthy. Before you download and install programs or make a purchase, it’s necessary to read their terms, privacy and license agreements carefully. Otherwise you may download more other unwanted programs or even malicious programs on the PC.
Moreover, Search.tv-newtabsearch.com may monitor your browser behaviors and collect your search data. Your visited websites, search queries, IP address and the information submitted when using its services will be collected and sent to third parties so that they can send you more customized advertisements and services. If your personally identifiable information is used by the evil, you may even suffer from financial losses or be involved in other troubles due to this threat.
Note: To protect your computer and your personal privacy, please get rid of the browser hijacker as soon as possible. If you suspect that there are other viruses on the PC, we suggest you run a virus scanner immediately to scan your PC for malware.
How does Search.tv-newtabsearch.com spread?
Many computer users may feel confused when they find this uninvited browser hijacker on their browsers. In fact, this potentially unwanted program can be bundled with certain free programs that you normally download and install from the Internet.
These bundles include a licensing agreement that you must accept to download and install the software. The agreement applies to all software in the bundle including the unwanted toolbars.
If you download and install a program but keep clicking on Next button or I Agree button without paying attention to what it claims in each step during the installation process, it’s quite easy for those unwanted apps to get installed on your PC and modify the registry entries as well as your browser settings.
Search.tv-newtabsearch.com browser hijacker removal guide overview
- Step1. Uninstall suspicious programs from your Windows
- Step2. Delete browser add-ons that associated with the browser hijacker
- Step3. Remove Search.tv-newtabsearch.com from browser homepage
- Step4. Reset the search engine if it got changed by the threat
- Step5. Scan your computer for the leftovers of Search.tv-newtabsearch.com
Step1. Uninstall suspicious programs from your Windows
Click on Start button (Right click on Start button if you use Windows 8/8.1) and go to Control Panel. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs (view by: Category) or double click on Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP). A list of programs installed will be displayed in front of you and this may take a bit of time. Search for the program which was installed recently that may bring Search.tv-newtabsearch.com and then remove it by clicking on Uninstall or Remove button.
If you use Windows 10, the uninstall process is a little different. Open the Start menu and click on Settings. Then click on System in the Settings menu and choose Apps & features on the left side of system menu. On the list of all installed programs, find the program that is associated with the browser hijacker and click on Uninstall button.
Step2. Delete browser add-ons associated with the browser hijacker
- Run IE, in the menu bar of IE, click on Tools > Manage add-ons or click on the Internet Explorer Tools icon and select Manage add-ons.
- In the Manage Add-ons window, select Toolbars and Extensions on the left.
- Choose the add-on unfamiliar to you that may cause the problem and click on Remove button to delete it.
- Start Firefox, select Tools > Add-ons in the menu bar. Or you can click on Firefox menu icon () on the top right of the browser and then select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, you need to click on the Extensions tab on the left side.
- Find the extension that is related to Search.tv-newtabsearch.com from the list of installed extensions. Select it and click on the Remove button on the right side.
- Open Chrome, click on the Chrome menu button () in the upper right corner of the browser and then click on More Tools > Extensions.
- From the list of installed extensions, select the dubious add-on and click on the trash icon next to it to remove the item. (Take Google Docs for example)
Step3. Remove Search.tv-newtabsearch.com from browser homepage
- Click on Tools > Internet Options or click on the Internet Explorer Tools icon and select Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options window, go to General tab.
- In the Home page section, delete Search.tv-newtabsearch.com if there is and then type an address of the website such as www.google,com which you prefer and click on OK button to save the changes.
- In the menu bar, click on Tools > Options. Or you can click on Firefox menu icon () on the top right of the browser and then select Options.
- In the Options page, locate to the General tab on the left side.
- Under Startup section, make sure “Show my homepage” is selected when Firefox starts. If Search.tv-newtabsearch.com is found in the Home Page box, delete it and then type a desired website url instead and then close the page. This will save the changes you have made.
- Click on the Chrome menu button () in the upper right corner of the browser and then click on More Tools > Settings.
- Locate to On Startup section, check Open a specific or set of pages and click on Set Pages. If you find the startup page has been changed to the unwanted site, delete it by clicking on “X” next to it. Then type an address of the website that you want to set as the start page in the editable field and click OK.
- Scroll down to Appearance section, check “Show Home button” and then click on Change. If Search.tv-newtabsearch.com is displayed in the box next to Open this page:, delete it and then type another site you’d like to set as default homepage and click on OK button.
Step4. Reset the search engine if it got changed by the threat
- I the menu bar click on Tools > Manage add-ons or click on the Internet Explorer Tools icon and select Manage add-ons.
- In the Manage Add-ons window, select Search Providers on the left.
- Choose the search provider that was added by the unwanted app that and click on Remove button to delete it.
- Click on Tools in the menu bar > Options. Or you can click on Firefox menu icon () on the top right of the browser and then select Options.
- In the Options page, locate to the Search tab on the left side.
- Under Default Search Engine section, click on the drop-down menu ▼and then choose the search engine you want to use.
- If you want to delete the search engine associated with Search.tv-newtabsearch.com, go to Once-click search engines section, select the unwanted search engine and click on Remove button to delete it.
- Click on the Chrome menu button () in the upper right corner of the browser and then click on More Tools > Settings.
- Navigate to Search section, if the default search is changed to another one that you don’t want, click on the drop-down menu ▼ and select the search engine you want.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage Search Engines…. Hover over the unwanted search engine and click on “X” next to it to remove it. Then click OK button.
Step5. Scan your computer for the leftovers of Search.tv-newtabsearch.com
The steps above may still fail to completely all components of the browser hijacker. If the threat keeps coming back after a browser or PC restart, you need to use a professional malware removal tool to scan and delete the leftover files and registry entries of the infection as well as other hidden malicious objects on your PC.
SpyHunter is a powerful anti-malware program which is certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System. It provides computer users with optimal protection by detecting and removing various cyber threats including adware, spyware, rootkits, Trojans and browser hijackers like Search.tv-newtabsearch.com with advanced technology. It can automatically remove malicious files from your PC and prevent harmful threats from invading your machine. When you encounter potentially unwanted programs and suffer from browser redirection or hijacking issues, use SpyHunter to scan for the malware and fix the issues. Follow the steps below to remove infections with the removal tool quickly.
- Free download SpyHunter to your computer.
- Close all running files, programs and browsers. Update the DB version and product version of SpyHunter to the latest versions and then click on Scan Computer Now button to scan the PC. This often takes several minutes to finish.
- When the scan has completed, click on Fix Threats button to clear all the threats found related to Search.tv-newtabsearch.com.
Please note that you need to click on Register Now button to register for the full version of SpyHunter. And then use it to remove all the detected threats completely.
In addition to SpyHunter, there are two other excellent antimalware programs recommended for you:
Malwarebytes is a reliable virus scanner that can detect and remove malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. With industry-leading technology, it is able to completely remove malware code, delete rookits and repair the files they damage, let alone a browser hijacker like Search.tv-newtabsearch.com. When you are experiencing annoying malware, just try this tool to fix the issues completely.
What is Max Spyware Detector? It is a tool that is specially designed to scan, detect, delete and recover spywares with an option of quick and full scan. When your computer is infected by spyware, adware or the browser hijackers, run this tool to scan your PC and it will detect and remove those harmful programs and files with advanced features. It can stop spyware from invading your privacy and slowing down PC performance.
When you experiencing Search.tv-newtabsearch.com or other browser hijacker, follow the steps mentioned above and they should be removed from your machine completely. To avoid such unwanted programs, please be more careful when surfing the Internet, especially when downloading and installing programs from the internet. Keep choosing the Advanced or Custom installation if there is so as to uncheck those unwanted programs during installation process. It’s suggested that you keep an advanced anti-malware on the PC to protect the system from various cyber infections.
The following video offers a complete guide for Search.tv-newtabsearch.com redirect virus removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!