Are you constantly redirected to Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net or other similar sites when using your web browsers?
Have no idea why this strange site always loads automatically when you open homepage or a new tab?
Are your browser swamped with numerous pop-ups?
Does your antivirus program fail to pick up or delete the virus?
Take it easy. Follow the guide below and you will learn how to remove Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net completely.
What is Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net?
Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net is considered as a roguish browser hijacker that changes users’ Internet settings without any permission. It usually arrives on the PC by being bundled with other third-party applications and gets installed on the system without users’ knowledge. Once a browser is infected by this browser hijacker, the user will be forced to visit websites whose URL containing searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net or other similar domains merely with”a.akamaihd.net”. That is to say there are a lot of malicious domains using the same domain structure that starting with random words and ending with “a.akamaihd.net”. It is suspected that those dodgy sites are from the same roots and created by the same author though there is no strong evidence to prove that.
Here are some examples being found as the member of “a.akamaihd.net” except for Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net:
However, this discovery does not mean that all domain names that contain “a.akamaihd.net” are associated with malicious redirect virus. This domain is a legitimate content-delivery network (CDN) of Akamai Technologies, Inc. Content-delivery networks are widely used in this Internet age for improving the pagespeed of a site and allowing a site to migrate a large amount of data and traffic across the world efficiently. Some world-famous companies like Twitter and Facebook also use the “akamaihd.net” domain to speed up their services, so don’t be too sensitive to all kinds of such websites.
Such browser virus comes to a computer usually because the computer gets infected with malicious software. The browser settings can be easily modified by malware without user’s knowledge. Similar to S.coldsearch.com, Mysites123.com and Istartpageing.com, it is able to control most popular web browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and change their default homepages, search engines and other browser settings. It may also add certain browser helper objects like Results Hub to your browser in order to further control the browser.
The easiest way to avoid browser hijacker or other malware infection is to get a legitimate antivirus or anti-malware program that can really help keep your computer secure. If you need a tool that is able to filter and block malicious URLs effectively, SpyHunter is recommended for you.
Some users may not take Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net redirect virus seriously at first as it leads to the page of Yahoo.com which is a definitely legitimate website. The https URL makes users believe their network connections are secure and this site is authentic. Even though there is a long confusing part “/? fr=hp-ddc-bd&type=dc-bcr-6YC2S__alt__ddc_dsssyc_bd_com” following the normal address of Yahoo Search, they did not doubt about the strange redirect. After some time, when the unwanted redirect becomes more frequent, users will finally realize their browser have been attacked by redirect virus.
Actually, the Search.yahoo.com Redirect is an age-old problem and the victims of Yahoo redirect virus are still emerging continuously.
Generally, this browser hijacker can get spread and land on a computer when a user doing the following things:
- Download and use pirated software;
- Download and install potentially unwanted program from suspicious websites;
- Download and install the program that has already been compromised by virus or malware;
- Click on the phishing URL that can redirect you to malicious website or invite malware program in email, social networking sites or ads unintentionally;
- Click on the fake update notification or open a forged website which is made to appear as the real official site in order to trick users into downloading unsafe program.
Beyond the above reasons, there are more other potential possibilities for users to get infected with Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net, so it is important for all web users to be careful about what they do online. Even the file is transferred from your friend, it could carry malware infection. No matter in any case, users should stay vigilant to anything suspicious and only click the link when it is safe for sure.
Once you see Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net repeatedly appear on your browser and automatically open a new web page, or your search engine and homepage are replaced by this scampish web address, all these abnormal changes on your browser can be considered as the signs that the browser hijacker is on your system. The persistent redirect to Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net lasts extremely short so it might be hardly noticed by users, but sooner or later users will find that their browser settings are changed furtively. This browser hijacker may claim that it is able to provide users with the most relevant search results and enhance their browsing experience. However, this site gets into their computers against their will and actually causes many problems.
Important Note: Sometimes, it’s not easy for a regular PC user to manually delete such nasty unwanted software. The infection can come back again and again if you can’t delete all the components of it. Moreover, incorrect deletion of files or registry information during manual removal may even damage your system permanently. To safely and completely delete the threat from your PC, we suggest you use a powerful removal tool to scan your PC and then clear all the threats related to Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net.
How Dangerous Is Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net?
Sometimes browser hijacker like Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net is called “virus”, but in reality a low-quality site with poor contents. It will not damage your files and data and does not have the ability to replicate itself; however, a relatively low threat is still a threat to computer users. Users should not neglect this browser threat for it will perform many malicious activities except for browser hijacking in your computer system.
- It could slow down your browsing speed and you can feel the change when a new page or a new tab is loading. Your browsing could get interrupted constantly with pop –up ads or unsolicited windows. Besides, the ads given by Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net can be present in several ways such as image, in-text, videos and banner. Sometimes these unwelcome advertising contents are fraudulent. Clicking on them can result in the installation of malicious programs and unwanted redirect to spammy websites.
- It would slow down your whole system performance. When you are opening a web page or running a program on your machine, the computer may even stop responding for a second and your work will be interrupted time to time. You will get pissed off when you find you can’t use the computer normally.
- Besides the browser settings, the redirect virus is able to modify the system settings like Windows registry in order to redirect traffic to designated web sites. That’s why in some cases users can’t change their homepage back in browser settings. This will lower the level of browser security and introduce serious security vulnerabilities.
- This browser hijacker is capable of monitoring your browsing activities and collecting your search data without your knowledge. The websites you visited, the search queries you sent, the products you bought, your address and IP and even some personally identifiable information such as your name, email and so on will be collected and used by the software. It may send it to third parties for commercial and marketing purposes. After that, you will receive more customized advertisements that are based on your interests. Please note that if your personal data is illegally used by third parties, you may be involved in a series of troubles in the future. To protect your personal privacy, please get rid of Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net as soon as possible from your computer.
Several Tips for How to Prevent Such Unwanted Programs:
Since Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net often comes bundled with freeware/shareware on the Internet, you need to pay attention to the downloading and installing of new free applications. Follow the tips below and you can avoid those unwanted stuff.
1. Keep a good real-time antivirus program on the PC.
It’s strongly suggested that any Windows OS should be equipped with an up-to-date anti-malware application to protect the computer from dangerous or unwanted elements. No matter how careful you are, the Internet security cannot be guaranteed.
2. Install a firewall to prevent unauthorized access to or from a private network.
Firewall is usually used to give computer users secure access to the Internet. It works as a filter that can prevent unauthorized access between a computer and networks. In addition to antivirus program, firewall is another helpful solution to protect your private data from intruded malware that is spread via Internet.
3. Don’t visit those websites that are detected as malicious or suspicious websites.
Installing a powerful security program will help identify and prevent suspicious website. It could be difficult for common web users to recognize risky links. You can check the specific web address by hovering the cursor over the link before you click on it. If you still doubt the credibility of the website, search the link with reputable search engine like Google and see how others evaluate it. There are lots of website reputation checker available online.
4. Be cautious when downloading files from the web.
It is encouraged that users download any file or program only from the official or trusted website. Especially when downloading those files with the file format “.exe” for they are executable files that can execute malicious code on the PC to spread Trojans, or other malicious programs.
5. When installing a program, remember to select Advanced/Custom installation if there is. This allows you to decline the offers of installing other unwanted additional programs
How to completely get rid of Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net from your PC?
If you are an advanced PC user, you can manually delete all the malicious files, folders and registry entries from the computer to get rid of this browser hijacker. If you find it difficult to delete the threat by yourself, we suggest you use a powerful malware removal tool to deal with it quickly.
Below are outline of the removal guide of the threat:
Method1: Manually remove Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net step by step
Step1: Remove related program from Windows
For Windows 10 users:
Click on Start button and click on Settings at the bottom left.
And then click on System icon and click on App & features on the left side. Select the program installed most recently which may cause the issues and click on Uninstall button.
For Windows XP/7/Vista users:
Click on Start button (if you use Windows 8, right click on Start button and a pop-up menu will appear),
Go to Control Panel, click on Uninstall a Program under Programs (Windows 7/Vista/8) or double click on Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP).
Search for the suspicious program and click on Uninstall or Remove button to get rid of it.
Step2: Delete the hijacker from your Internet Explorer
- Remove unfamiliar add-on from IE
Click on Tools or the IE menu icon (gear icon) in the upper right corner of the browser and select Manage Add-ons.
Make sure Toolbars and Extensions is selected, and then delete any suspicious add-on by clicking on Remove button.
- Delete Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net from homepage and set the default search provider
Click Tools or the IE menu icon (gear icon) and select Internet Options.
In the General tab, delete the unwanted url from the Home page section and then enter an address of the site that you want to set as default homepage. Click OK to change the changes.
Click Tools and select Manage add-ons. Choose Search Providers in the Manage add-ons window, select the search engine you want and click Set as default button. Select the unwanted search engine and click on Remove button.
- Delete your browsing data
Click on Safety and select Clear browsing history….
In the pop-up window, tick the checkboxes of Temporary internet files, cookies and history and other items that need to be cleared, and then click on Delete button.
- Reset IE settings to defaults (Optional)
Click on Tools (or the IE menu icon) and then choose Internet Options from the drop-down menu.
In the Internet Options window, locate the Advanced tab and click on the Reset button.
Tick the checkbox of Delete personal settings and click on Reset button.
Step3: Remove Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net from your Chrome
- Remove unknown add-on from Chrome
Click on the Chrome menu button (3- bar icon) at the upper right of the browser and then highlight More tools and click on Extensions.
Search for the add-on that may be added by the PUPs without your knowledge and click the trashcan icon next to it to remove the item.
- Set your homepage and the default search engine
Click on the Chrome menu button (3-bar icon) and a drop-down menu will appear, select Settings.
Locate On Startup section, check Open a specific page or set of pages and then click on Set pages. Delete the unwanted site by clicking on “X” icon and then enter a desired url in the box. Then click OK.
Under Appearance section, check Show Homepage button and then click on Change. If Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net appears there, delete it and type the address of the websites you’d like such as www.google.com in the box and click OK.
Under Search section, click on Manage search engines…, select the search engine you prefer and click on Make default. Delete the unwanted search engine by clicking on “X” button. Then click on OK.
- Clear Chrome browsing data
Click on the Chrome menu button (3-bar icon), choose More Tools and select Clear browsing data….
Decide the timeframe of the data that need to clear and check relevant items and then click on Clear browsing data button.
- Restore Chrome to default settings (Optional)
Click on the chrome menu icon (3-bar icon) and then select Settings from the pull-down menu.
Scroll down the end of the page and click on Show advanced settings… link and more settings will appear.
Locate Reset settings section and then click on Reset settings button.
Click on Reset button to restore your settings to their original default.
Step4: Clear the hijacker from your Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net related add-on
Click on Tools or Firefox menu icon at the upper right corner of the browser and then select Add-ons.
Choose the Extensions tab on the left side of the page. If there is any add-on that is associated with the infection, you can delete it by clicking on Remove button.
- Delete the unwanted url from your homepage and change the search engine
Click on Tools or the Firefox menu icon and select Options.
In the General tab, delete the unwanted site from the Home Page section and type an address that you’d like to set as the default homepage in the editable field.
In the Search tab, under Default Search Engine section, select the search engine you prefer from the drop- down menu. To delete the unwanted one, go to One-click search engines section and then select the search engine that added by PUPs and click on Remove button.
- Clear your Firefox browsing data
Click on Tools or the Firefox menu icon and select Options.
Select Privacy on the left side and go to History section, and then click on clear your recent history link.
Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + Shift + Del or click on History on the menu bar and then select Clear recent history.
Under Details section, select the items that need to be deleted and choose the proper timeframe. Click on Clear Now button to erase the Firefox browsing data.
Then Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net will be deleted from your Firefox.
- Reset Firefox to default settings (Optional)
Click on Help on the menu bar and select Troubleshooting Information.
Alternatively, click on Firefox menu icon and click on the question mark icon to open Help menu, and then select Troubleshooting Information.
Click on Fresh Firefox… button in the Firefox about:support page.
Click on Refresh Firefox button to confirm the changes and this will remove your customizations and reset other settings to original settings.
Method2: Use a professional removal to automatically delete Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net
Use SpyHunter to scan your PC and remove threats
SpyHunter is specially designed to detect and remove Trojans, worms, rootkits, adware, spyware and other malware with advanced technology. If you have difficulty in deleting adware or browser hijackers from PC, use SpyHunter to perform a scan of the PC and all threats will be found and removed completely. To delete Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net related threats, follow the steps below to download and install SpyHunter and run it on your machine. Then clear all the infections on your system.
- Download SpyHunter to your computer.
- Running spyhunter-installer.exe and then install SpyHunter on your PC by following the prompts given. When the setup is successful, click Exit button and the software will launch automatically.
- Update the DB version of SpyHunter to the latest version. Then click on Scan Computer Now button to scan your computer. This will take a few minutes.
- When the scanning has completed, click on Fix Threats button to clear all the threats detected on your PC. Please note that you need to register for the full version of SpyHunter before deleting the threats.
- You may be required to reboot the PC to clear the infection.
Friendly Reminder: There are no perfect antivirus viruses. Since the viruses keep changing and new variants emerge daily, sometimes the antivirus software fail to identify or remove the new threats immediately. But don’t worry, SpyHunter’s Human Assistance features allow you to contact the experts and get 24/7 premium live chat support for any technical issue, not just security. What you need to do is slide open the Support Bar and send your messages to the experts.
If you want to delete Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net manually, it is necessary to run SpyHunter to scan the PC before manual removal. This free virus scanner can help detect the threats and show you where the threats are located. With it, you can locate to the infected files and erase them one by one. However, incorrect deletion of files during manual removal may also result in terrible PC problems. To avoid this, we strongly suggest you use a professional removal tool to fix the problem safely and quickly.
>> Click here to DOWNLOAD Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net removal tool
The following video offers a complete guide for Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net redirect virus removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!