A tragedy caused by Warcraft：
Warcraft film is coming! That is a happy thing to know, however, there is always some bad news when we are too careless! A net user was trapped by some phishing websites while he wants to search the information about Warcraft film online.
“ Help! Searchvvay.com hijacked the default home of my browser! I got it on computer after clicking on free download of the new movie. When I searched Warcraft film on Google I got many results. As I scan the results page one by one, I found that there is a link which titled with free movie. What? It even could not be watched In theaters until June 10! So, I was so curious and just clicked it and then a new website pops up. And that was the reason why I got Searchvvay.com redirect virus on computer! I checked my programs list but it’s not there! How can I remove Searchvvay.com easily? What to do?”
It happens that there is a similar case, another net user also gets troubles by searching the same thing:
“ I played Warcraft online and there popped up some ads on the right side saying that I got an opportunity to watch movie freely. I was so curious and just clicked on it. Unfortunately, that was a fake pop up and I was redirected to an insecure site which may put Searchvvay.com browser hijacker on my computer. Then the homepage of Google Chrome was just changed.”
If you are seeking to get any free resources about this new movie online, reflect on the answers to these questions to increase your awareness about your computer safety! Warcraft film is a not issue right now, many computer users search related information online every now and then. Likewise, many ill-disposed people or even hacker want to make use of this hot issue to earn some money. However, if free is the first element that is sparked in your brain when any relevant information pops up on the screen, you should be careful as it might e a trap. Have faith that once hackers try to make use of a hot issue, they will try to trick users by all means. Regardless of what fake information they will display, no one can come out of it so easily. Just like the browser hijacker named Searchvvay.com the post mentions above.
Maybe it is difficult for you to recognize whether Searchvvay.com is a good search engine or not at first. However, there is an easy way which can help you check what exactly it is. >> Run a Malware Scanner to have a full scan of your PC. The free scanner can help you quickly judge whether Searchvvay.com is a malicious program or not.
How to Remove Searchvvay.com – Professional Removal Guide
Basic information of Searchvvay.com
Nowadays, many users randomly install some unknown search engines on their PCs due to the attractive features claimed by them. Searchvvay.com is no exception and also belongs to one of them. The most common promises claimed by these deceptive search engines are, “Use our search engine, you can obtain a quicker & more accurate search result; we are the global leader in search engine marketing; you can surf the internet more convenient with our search tool; also you can enter the famous social network sites such as Facebook, Twitter easier as we show you the relevant button on the homepage.” Many unsuspecting users mistakenly think that Searchvvay.com is a really useful search engine as it can meet their more demands comparing with other regular search engines such as Google, Bing or Yahoo. However, Searchvvay.com is not a useful and regular search engine that users can trust. It is classified as a potentially unwanted program also a browser hijacker. When you search any related information or browse the webpage using this deceptive search engine, you will notice that your webpage is always covered with inauthentic search results or numerous pop up ads & links. You should know that almost all the advertisements are designed to make money for its supporter or increase its website traffic. The real purpose of Searchvvay.com is to generate revenue rather than providing a high level of service and satisfaction to you. Thus, there is no reason for you to keep it on computer. Just completely remove Searchvvay.com for safety.
The Reason Why Searchvvay.com Hijacks Hompeage
Browser hijacker like Searchvvay.com is skilled at disguising it as a reliable search engine to cheat users to use it as their default search tool. After successful infiltration, it modifies your browser settings, blocks your antivirus software, and replaces your default homepage and search engine with its own one http://searchvvay.com/. Thus, it can fully control your browser and randomly redirect you to some specific web pages where may contain virus, spyware, adware or other malicious programs. In that case, your PC may get infected with other malware that you don’t know. Please keep in mind; never click any pop up ads or links after your PC gets infected with Searchvvay.com. Just a simple click may force you to download rogue apps.
Have no idea how to remove Searchvvay.com from your computer? Why not download a professional malware removal tool to detect your PC and run it to quickly & safely get rid of Searchvvay.com from computer?
The Spread of Searchvvay.com
Most of the time, users start caring for how their PCs get infected with Searchvvay.com only infected with this threat. To prevent malware from attacking your PC, you should know about the spreading route of the malware. Generally, malware enters the target computer mainly bundled with freeware. So in order to avoid being infected by Searchvvay.com or other malware next time, you should be very careful when downloading and installing freeware. Make sure you download any free software only from official website and never download any unknown apps from the Internet. Moreover, you should pay close attention to the installation process when installing freeware. Never rush to click Next button. You are required to carefully read every step and choose Custom or Advanced installation instead of Express or Quick installation. Selecting Custom or Advanced installation will help you check whether there are other additional malicious programs bundled with the chosen software. Once found, don’t agree to install them. This is a very effective way to prevent malware from entering your PC. There is no doubt that you should uninstall Searchvvay.com totally.
Searchvvay.com Removal Guide
Please follow the detailed removal steps below to quickly & completely get rid of Searchvvay.com. The following steps have helped thousands of victims successfully eliminate the browser hijacker from their infected computers. If you can complete all the steps below, you can keep your PC away from Searchvvay.com and optimize your system.
Step1. Uninstall unwanted programs via Control Panel.
For Windows 7/Vista user
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for any suspicious programs from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall to remove them.
For Windows XP user
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- In the opened window, select Add or Remove Programs from the category.
- Search for any unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Remove button to uninstall them.
For Windows 8 user
- Right-click Windows Start (at the lower left corner of your screen) and then select Control Panel from the drop down menu.
- Click Uninstall a program under Programs category.
- Now you will get a window as shown below. Look for any malicious programs related to Searchvvay.com from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall to wipe out them.
If you have any trouble in removing the unwanted programs by above method, don’t hesitate to download a professional malware removal tool to and run it to get rid of all suspicious programs in your computer. You can download the removal tool by clicking the button below.
Step2. Delete Searchvvay.com from IE/Chrome/Chrome shortcut.
For IE user
- Right-click your IE shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the list.
- Delete the unwanted URL http://searchvvay.com…./ in the Target box and then click Apply→OK button.
For Firefox user
- Right-click your Firefox shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the list.
- In the Properties window, delete the malicious URL http://searchvvay.com…/in the Target box and then click Apply→OK button.
For Chrome user
- Right-click your Chrome shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the list.
- In the Shortcut window, delete the harmful URL http://searchvvay.com…/in the Target box and then click Apply→OK button.
Step3. Remove Searchvvay.com homepage and change default search engine from IE/ Firefox/Chrome.
Step3.1. Remove Searchvvay.com homepage and change default search engine from Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Tools in the main menu and then select Internet Options from the list.
- In the Internet Options window, delete Searchvvay.com homepage http://searchvvay.com…/. You can type another preferable web address as your new homepage and then click Apply→OK button.(Or you can select Use blank as your new homepage and then click Apply→OK button.
Change your default search engine from IE
- Click on the Tools in the main menu and then choose Manage Add-ons from the list.
- In the Manage Add-ons window, click Search Provider on the left. You can set Google or another desired one as your default search engine by clicking Set as default button. Then delete unwanted search engine by clicking Remove button.
Step3.2. Remove Searchvvay.com homepage and change default search engine from Firefox.
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click Options.
- In the Options window, delete Searchvvay.com homepage http://searchvvay.com…/. Then you can type a preferable page as your new homepage or click Restore to Default button directly.
- Now click Search tab as shown below.
- Click the inverted triangle to choose your default search engine such as Google.
- Scroll down your cursor, find out the unwanted search engine Searchvvay.com and then click Remove button to delete it. (Below image is an example)
Step3.3. Remove Searchvvay.com homepage and change default search engine from Chrome.
- Click the menu button (at the top right corner of Chrome) and then choose Settings from the drop down menu.
- In the Settings window, click Set pages.
- Click X icon to delete Searchvvay.com homepage http://searchvvay.com/ and then click OK button.
- Now return to the Settings window, click Change.
- Delete the unwanted homepage http://searchvvay.com/ and then click OK button.
- Return to the Settings page. Scroll down your cursor, find out Manage search engines and click it.
- In the opened window, select Google or another preferable one as your default search engine and then remove the unwanted search engine Searchvvay.com. Don’t forget to click Done button.
Step4. Run SpyHunter to scan your PC and make sure your PC is completely free from Searchvvay.com
To make sure you have wiped out all the traces of Searchvvay.com, it is necessary run the professional malware removal tool – SpyHunter to scan your PC and guarantee your PC is totally free from this browser hijacker.
Excellent Features of SpyHunter:
A reputable and powerful anti-malware/anti-spyware program
Detect, remove and block adware, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, cookies, Trojans, worms and other types of malware.
Identify and stop any processes that attempt to secretly auto-start malware entries by exploiting the Windows registry.
Respond with advanced technology to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats
Daily malware definition updates ensure complete protection from the latest malware threats.
Compatible with Windows, 7, Vista, 8, 8.1, XP, Windows 10, etc
Installation procedure of SpyHunter
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Step5. Reset IE/Firefox/Chrome to default settings.
- Click the Tools in the main menu and then choose Internet Options from the drop down menu.
- In the Internet options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- After a window pops up as shown below. Check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click the help icon at the lower right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information from the list.
- In the opened window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Refresh Firefox button to reset your Firefox.
- Reset your computer.
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Show advanced settings.
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- After a message box pops up as shown below, click Reset button to reset your Chrome.
- Don’t forget to restart your PC.
To protect your PC from being attacked by malware Searchvvay.com, in addition to master some security tips such as
Never open suspicious spam emails or attachments.
Never click suspicious sponsored links on the webpage you visit.
Never visit any unsafe website or webpage.
Always select Advanced or Custom installation when installing freeware.
In reality it is not enough. The best way to prevent malware from infecting computer is to install a professional malware removal tool on computer. The professional anti-malware program can effectively block all the malicious programs that try to attack your PC and steal your personal information. You can get the removal tool by clicking the button below.
The following video offers a complete guide for Searchvvay.com Redirect Virus removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!