Want to uninstall SecuriDex from your computer but encounter some errors during software removal? Can’t completely remove the unwanted program manually? Keep receiving many annoying advertisements or links when using your web browsers? Take it easy. This post shows you how to get rid of SecuriDex thoroughly.
SecuriDex claims to be a media player for Windows which supports all common video and audio file formats available for playback. It promises 100% spyware free and no advertisements or toolbar. However, this program is considered as a potentially unwanted program or adware program that often gets installed on the PC in deceptive ways. It may also pop up some advertisements on the machine and collect the user’s personal information.
If you find this app suddenly appears on the PC without your downloading and installing, we suggest you uninstall it immediately. Though it appears as a legitimate program that provides you services to watch videos and listen to audios, the app may result in privacy problems. It collects your personally identifiable information including your name, email address, the name of your company, your website address and a description of the reason you are contacting them if you use their products. In addition to these, it may also collect pseudonymous information such as your usage data that pertains to our advertising and publisher clients and demographic information which can be used to make advertisements more relevant for you.
By installing the software on your computer, you may find your computer performance becomes slow, some programs can’t work properly and the CPU resources are consumed a lot. To prevent your machine from more serious problems, please remove SecuriDex as soon as possible.
Attention: This program may usually come along with other unwanted software when you install a desired program. To free up your computer space and get rid of annoying pop-up ads, please check your Add/Remove Programs list carefully and uninstall any suspicious app. Have trouble uninstalling the program? Use a powerful removal tool to deal with it easily.
SecuriDex removal instructions
The guide below shows you how to get rid of the unwanted adware completely. If you feel comfortable removing it manually, follow the manual removal guide. If not, use a professional removal tool to uninstall the program automatically.
Option One: Manual removal
Step1: Uninstall SecuriDex via Control Panel
- Click on the Start button at the lower left corner of the desktop and choose Settings.
- Click on the System icon and then click on App & features on the left side.
- Find the adware program, select it and click on Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall button in the pop-up box to confirm the removal.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel (Window 7/Vista).
For Windows 8/8.1 users, use Windows key + X key to bring up “Power Users Menu”. Then click on Control Panel from the menu.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs (View by: Category).
- When all the installed programs are displayed, find SecuriDex and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the removal.
- Click on Start button and then go to Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Search for the unwanted program in the list of all installed programs. Select it and click on Remove.
Note: Some files and registry keys of SecuriDex may be left on your system when you uninstall the program from Control Panel. To completely remove the adware and free up your hard drive space, you can find and delete those leftover data manually. Can’t clear those junk files? Or the adware can’t be removed successfully via Control Panel? Try a professional malware removal tool.
Step2: Remove suspicious add-ons from browsers
Sometimes certain unwanted add-ons or plug-ins may be installed to your web browsers if potentially unwanted programs are installed on your machine. Follow the steps below to check your browser add-ons and delete any dubious.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu icon and then select Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- If any add-on/plug-in related to SecuriDex is found, you need to select it and then click on Remove button.
- Click on Tools on the Menu Bar or click the Mozilla Firefox menu icon on the top right corner and then select Add-ons from the menu.
- Select Extensions on the left side of the page. Find the add-on that may be associated with the adware and click on Remove button to remove it.
- Click on the Chrome menu icon in the upper right corner of the browser and then select More Tools -> Extensions.
- In the Chrome Extensions page, remove any suspicious extension by clicking on the trashcan icon.
- Click on Opera on the top left corner of the browser.
- In the drop-down menu, click on Extensions -> Extensions manager.
- Find and remove any SecuriDex related extensions in the Opera Extensions page.
- Click on the Safari menu icon and then select Preferences from the menu.
- Go to Extensions tab in the pop-up window.
- If any unwanted app is displayed there, remove it by clicking on the Uninstall button.
Step3: Clear browsing data
If SecuriDex is installed on your PC, it will run automatically every time you start the PC and use web browsers. To thoroughly remove it, you also need to clear the browsing history, cookies, cache and other data on your browsers.
- Click on Safety and then select Delete browsing history…. from the drop-down menu.
- Tick the checkboxes of Temporary internet files, cookies and website data, history and other items that may contain the information of the adware and then click on Delete button.
- Click on the Chrome menu icon and then select More Tools -> Clear browsing data…..
- Choose the proper timeframe and all relevant items such as Browsing history, Download history and Cookies and other site and plug-in data that need to be deleted and then click on Clear browsing data button.
- Click on History and then choose Clear Recent History… from the pull-down menu.
- In the pop-up window, select the proper time range. Go to Details section, check the checkboxes of cache, cookies, browsing and download history and so on. Then click on Clear Now button.
- Click on the main menu and go to Settings.
- Click the Privacy & security tab on the left sidebar.
- Click the Clear Browsing Data… button under Privacy.
- From the dialog, you can check what you would like to delete (browsing history, download history, cookies, cache, or passwords) and how far back in time you would like to do so. Then SecuriDex relevant data will be fully removed.
- Click on the Safari menu and then select Preferences.
- Click on Privacy tab and click on Remove All Website Data… button.
- Click on Remove Now button to confirm.
Step4: Restore your browser to defaults
If SecuriDex pop-ups keep coming back on your browsers, you can try restoring the web browsers to fix the problem. Resetting browser settings can often troubleshoot the problems caused by adware and other potentially unwanted programs.
- Click on Tools, and then select Internet Options from the menu.
- In the Internet options window, go to the Advanced tab and then click on Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, check the Delete personal settings option and click Reset to confirm.
- When resetting browser settings is completed, please click Close and then click OK.
- Click on Help on the menu bar and then select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on Refresh Firefox button in the Troubleshooting information page.
- When the Reset Firefox dialog box appears, click on Refresh Firefox button to confirm the changes.
- Click on the Google Chrome menu button in the top-right corner of the browser and select Settings from the menu.
- In the chrome settings page, type reset in the search box.
Click on Reset browser settings button from the search results.
- When the Reset Browser Settings dialog box pops up, click on Reset button. Then SecuriDex will be deleted from Chrome completely.
- Open Opera and type opera://about in the address bar.
- In the About Opera page, go to the Paths section.
Note the Profile and Cache values. In my case, they have following path:
C:UserswinaeroAppDataRoamingOpera SoftwareOpera Stable
C:UserswinaeroAppDataLocalOpera SoftwareOpera Stable
- Close Opera and then delete these two folders: Profile and Cache.
- Now run Opera. All its settings will be reverted to their defaults.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner and click on the Reset Safari in the drop-down menu.
- When a warning dialog box appears, click on the Reset button to complete the process.
- Safari will restart automatically.
Option Two: Automatic removal
Step1: Remove SecuriDex with SpyHunter
SpyHunter is able to detect and remove malware including viruses, adware, spyware, Trojans, rootkits and so on with industry-leading technology. If the manual method above doesn’t work, we recommend that you use this tool to perform a full scan of the PC and remove the unwanted programs easily.
Before performing a scan of your PC with the tool, you need to make sure it is the most current version. Then click on Scan Computer Now button to start scanning your computer for the adware and other threats that may be installed on your machine.
When SpyHunter is scanning, it will look like the image below. It usually takes several minutes to complete the scanning.
When the scanning ends, you will see all the threats on your computer will be showed in the results. Click on Fix Threats button to clear all of them. You will be able to delete all the threats after upgrading SpyHunter to the full version.
(Note: The threats in the screenshots above are displayed by way of example. You should find SecuriDex and other threats after running SpyHunter if you’re annoyed by its pop-up ads.)
Step2: Run Max Spyware Detector to clear the adware
Max Spyware Detector can detect and remove spyware, malicious browser plug-ins, block harmful cookies and prevent your PC from other threats. If your computer suffers from SecuriDex or spyware which makes modifications on your browser and cause browser redirection issue, it’s the perfect tool for you to remove the adware/spyware and repair the browser settings.
Run Max Spyware Detector Download Manager to download the spyware removal tool.
Once the tool is downloaded, run it to start the installation and then follow Max Spyware Detector Setup Wizard to complete the installation.
It will automatically run a quick scan once installed. Of course, you can stop it as you want. A pop-up suggesting you to update the tool may appear. Click on Live Update to update the tool to update it to the most current version and then scan the PC.
When the scan is finished, click on Fix Issues Now to delete the spyware and fix the adware problem on your PC. This also requires you to purchase the full version.
How to avoid SecuriDex and other unwanted programs?
It’s annoying to receive lots of pop-up advertisements if your computer is infected with adware. But how to effective prevent them? Here are some suggestions for you:
Watch out for what you download from the web. If you surf the web and find other people are having problems with the program you attempt to install, you’d better give up the program to avoid those problems. It is not likely to be safe to install a questionable program. When installing a program, always choose the Custom Install or Advanced Install if there is because Custom Install allows you to cancel those unwanted items during setup. In addition, avoid going to sites with an excessive amount of advertising pop-ups to download software. If you click on one pop-up by accident, your systems may be infected.
Install antivirus software and a firewall. To effectively prevent adware like SecuriDex and other malware, we suggest you install a real-time anti-virus program and a good firewall on the PC. You can also install free pop-up blockers, so deceptive pop-ups, which may include potentially harmful links, won’t appear in the first place.
The following video offers a complete guide for SecuriDex Adware removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!