What is Tabnewsearch.com?
Tabnewsearch.com has been categorized as a browser hijacker. It is specially created to increase website traffic and generate revenue by redirecting users to its malicious website http://tabnewsearch.com/. Such tricky browser hijacker is designed with advanced technology. So most users are not aware of when the malicious program enters their computers. After Tabnewsearch.com invades your PC, you will notice that the default homepage and search engine of your web browser including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer will be changed into Tabnewsearch.com without your knowledge and consent. This fake search engine never easily provides you a satisfying search results. Most search results contain all sorts of annoying pop up ads or unsafe links. More irritating, some of them need to pay. The main aim of any browser hijackers is to generate revenue by all kinds of deceptive means. As a computer user, you have to be careful when surfing the internet.
Tabnewsearch.com usually has the tendency to redirect users to particular sites like advertising sites, phishing sites, or other malicious sites instead of the site you are going to visit. To get rid of it, some users may try to type another URL into the web address. By doing that, you may think that Tabnewsearch.com is gone. Tricky browser hijacker is not easily deleted by the simple removal way. You are still redirected to its pernicious site http://tabnewsearch.com/. The best way to completely remove this deceptive search engine is to use a professional malware removal tool. Click the link below to free download the malware scanner to scan your PC and run it quickly eliminate Tabnewsearch.com.
Without removing Tabnewsearch.com in time, you may face another serious problem – security and privacy problem. Why I say that? The following content will give you answer. Usually, browser hijacker has the ability to monitor users’ browsing behavior and collect their personal information. The collected information may contain personally identifiable information such as password, credit card details, e-mail address, IP address, phone number, etc. It is quite dangerous in case the sensitive data are leaked to hackers or cyber criminals. If so, you may face the risk of identity theft or internet scam. On the other hand, Tabnewsearch.com may install lots of unwanted programs on your computer furtively. Every time you boot your PC, the malicious programs will automatically run in the background. Gradually, you will find your PC will run slower and slower. Besides, computer crash is also the common phenomenon. Worse still, this malware may inject the infected files to corrupt your system data and your registry. From the potential harm, it can be seen that Tabnewsearch.com only destroys your computer rather than giving you any benefits when you use it as your default search engine.
Maybe you will ask how Tabnewsearch.com enters the target computer. Malicious program like browser hijacker, adware or spyware are mainly spread through freeware downloads and installs. Using ‘bundling’ technique is the main way to spread these malware including Tabnewsearch.com. To avoid installing unwanted programs on computer, you should download freeware only from official website or reliable sites. Moreover, you need to pay special attention to the installation process. Carefully read each installation step and refuse to install any unknown programs appearing on the installation screen including special offer or other recommended software. If it provides Advanced or Custom installation option, you’d better choose either one. The reason is that most of the malware often hidden within these two options. If you can bear in mind the several simple points when downloading and installing freeware, it will greatly reduce the risk of being infected by a variety of malicious programs.
Lots of unwanted programs (Adware or browser hijackers) are bundled with freeware and conceal within the Custom installation
How to Remove Tabnewsearch.com from Computer?
Please follow our professional removal steps to quickly get rid of Tabnewsearch.com. You should know that browser hijacker should be removed from the infected computer as soon as possible in order to prevent further damage created by it. You can choose the manual removal method provided below or use an automatic anti-malware removal tool to eliminate Tabnewsearch.com and all its malicious files and registry entries.
Manual Removal Steps – Only suitable for experienced PC users
Step1: Remove Tabnewsearch.com from Chrome/Firefox/IE
Remove Tabnewsearch.com from Chrome
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then choose Settings from the drop down menu.
- In the Settings window, click “Set pages” link of “On startup”.
- Delete Tabnewsearch.com homepage link “http://tabnewsearch.com/” by clicking X icon at the end and then click OK button.
- Return to the Settings window, click “Change” link of “Appearance”.
- Delete the unwanted homepage link “http://tabnewsearch.com/ and then click OK button.
- Now, scrolling down, click “Manage search engines” button.
- First, select Google or another preferable one as your default search engine by clicking Make default button. Then remove the unwanted search engine Tabnewsearch.com by clicking X icon at the end. After finishing the operation, click Done button.
Remove Tabnewsearch.com from Firefox
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click Options.
- In the Options window, delete Tabnewsearch.com homepage link “http://www.tabnewsearch.com/”. Then you can type a preferable page as your new homepage or click “Restore to Default” button.
- Now switch to click Search tab on the left, search for the unwanted search engine Tabnewsearch.com and then click Remove button to delete it.
Remove Tabnewsearch.com from IE
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of Internet Explorer and then select Internet options from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, or XP user, click Tools menu and then choose Internet Options from the drop down menu.
- In the Internet options window, delete Tabnewsearch.com homepage link http://tabnewsearch.com/…. Then you can type another desired web address as your new homepage or click Use new tab. After that, click Apply → OK button.
- Open your Internet Explorer again, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then select Manage add-ons from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, or XP user, click Tools menu and then choose Manage add-ons from the drop down menu.
- In the Manage add-ons window, click Search Providers on the left. Choose Bing or other preferable one as your default search provider by clicking Set as default button. Then click Remove button to delete Tabnewsearch.com.
Attention: If you can’t successfully remove Tabnewsearch.com in this step, you are highly recommended to get rid of this fake search provider with the help of an automatic and professional malware removal tool.
Step2: Fix your Chrome/Firefox/IE shortcut target.
For Chrome user
- Right-click your Chrome shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the drop down menu.
- In the Properties window, delete all the malicious components behind …Applicationchrome.exe. And then click Apply → OK button
For Firefox user
- Right-click your Firefox shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the list.
- In the Properties window, delete all the harmful components behind …Mozilla Firefoxfirefox.exe”. And then click Apply → OK button.
For IE user
- Right-click your IE shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties.
- In the Properties window, delete all the unwanted components behind …Internet Exploreriexplorer.exe”. And then click Apply → OK button
Step3: Uninstall Tabnewsearch.com and any suspicious programs from Windows.
For Windows 7 user:
- Click Windows Start→Control Panel → Uninstall a program under Programs.
For Windows XP user:
- Click Windows Start → Control Panel → Add or Remove Programs.
For Windows 8 user:
- Right-click Windows Start (at the lower left corner of your screen) → Control Panel → Uninstall a program under Programs
- Look for any suspicious programs from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Tabnewsearch.com Automatic Removal Tool – SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware/anti-spyware removal program which specially designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. The top removal software can detect, remove and block browser hijacker, adware, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, Trojans and more. In addition, SpyHunter responds with advanced technology to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats and offers additional customization capabilities to ensure every user is able to custom tailor SpyHunter to fit their specific needs. Now download SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC and run it to quickly get rid of Tabnewsearch.com virus as well as all potential threats.
>> Click button below to free download the top malware removal tool.
Installation procedure of SpyHunter
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Considering the tricky browser hijacker Tabnewsearch.com may have modified your browser settings. Therefore, to ensure your PC is thoroughly free from the virus, you’d better reset Chrome/Firefox /IE to default setting.
Reset Google Chrome
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Show advanced settings”.
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Reset settings”.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Restart your computer to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click the help icon at the lower right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the opened window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Refresh Firefox button to reset Mozilla Firefox.
- Restart your PC.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of IE and then select Internet options from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, XP user, click Tool menu → Internet Options.
- In the Internet options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- After a window pops up as shown below. Check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Then you will see a message box as shown below, click Close button.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
The following video offers a complete guide for Tabnewsearch.com Redirect Virus removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!