Free Download a Professional Malware Removal Tool to Quickly Remove Trustedsurf.com – Perfect Removal Way
What is Trustedsurf.com?
At first glance you may think Trustedsurf.com is a regular search engine as it shares a similar appearance with Google, Bing and Yahoo. Even better than them since it gives you a quick access to the popular social network sites like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and famous shopping sites such as eBay and Amazon. However, Trustedsurf.com is not a useful search tool that you can trust. It is classified as a dangerous browser hijacker which designed by hackers or cyber criminals to manipulate your web browser and collect your personally identifiable information for illegal purposes. After infecting with Trustedsurf.com, you will notice that your default homepage, new tab and default search engine are changed into http://trustedsurf.com/ without any permission.
Trustedsurf.com homepage image
Using this questionable search engine to search information, your search results are always full of a variety of unsafe links and pop up ads. You should know that browser hijacker like Trustedsurf.com is usually developed to make money by tempting users to click those ads and links generated by it. Deliberately introducing you into dubious website not only increase its web traffic but also promote products download. Be cautious of the ads and links provided by Trustedsurf.com. Maybe just a simple click may redirect you to third party sites or malicious websites where are often the habitats of malware and viruses. If the redirection issues happen frequently, you will find that there are many unknown programs appearing in your Control Panel. Moreover, you can’t formally uninstall them like uninstalling other regular programs. As time passes, your entire system will suffer a poor performance.
The damages caused by Trustedsurf.com not only modify your browser settings, replace your default, new tab and search engine or cause redirection issues but also cause other serious consequences such as information leakage and identity theft. It is quite dangerous if happened. On the other hand, the hijacker may secretly install spyware, Trojans, adware or other malware on your system. Gradually, you will find that your browsing and computer speed will become slower and slower. Computer keeps crashing is also a common phenomenon when you browse the web. What’s worse, you may receive tons of pop up ads or unsafe links once you open your browser or browse other web pages. If you don’t get rid of Trustedsurf.com from computer timely, this infection will continue to disturb your browsing activities. Monitor your online activities including pages viewed, often-viewed sites, IP address, search queries through your web browser Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and collect your personal information such as password, credit card details, email address, etc is another behavior performed by Trustedsurf.com. To prevent your sensitive data from exposing to hackers or cyber criminals, you can install a professional malware removal tool to quickly remove Trustedsurf.com as well as other potential threats brought by it.
Things You Should Bear in Mind
No matter downloading or installing software, many PC users seem to perform very casually. Randomly download software from all kinds of unknown websites or other unreliable resources without considering whether the download software is regular or the rogue one. Most of them do that just for convenience. It is not a safe way to download software especially freeware. Why I say that? Please carefully read the following content. Computer experts have confirmed that malware like Trustedsurf.com is mainly spread through freeware download, malicious websites, torrent files, spam emails, suspicious links, pop ups etc. However, bundling with freeware download is the most common way to spread malicious programs. Oftentimes, the developer of freeware deliberately packs ad-supported programs, spyware and browser hijackers into free software. Do you know what software you install exactly? Actually there is a good way to check whether the chosen software carry other additional programs or not. Select Advanced or Custom installation instead of Default or Express installation when installing free software. Unwanted or malicious programs like Trustedsurf.com prefer to conceal within Advanced and Custom installation. Choose the two options will help you avoid installing additional and malicious programs on computer. Don’t be fooled by the so-called useful features promised by the extra or optional apps during the installation process. If you want to keep away from malware, please always opt for Advanced or Custom installation and uncheck unknown apps when you install freeware or any other software.
Best Way to Remove Trustedsurf.com Browser Hijacker
Please follow our professional removal steps to quickly get rid of Trustedsurf.com from the infected computer. We offer you two effective removal methods: one is automatic removal tool which is suitable for everyone to use; the other is manual removal method which is relatively complicated and it is only fit for experienced computer users. Anyway, you should choose the method most suitable for you.
Trustedsurf.com Automatic Removal Tool – Easy to use
Run SpyHunter to quickly & permanently remove Trustedsurf.com
Trustedsurf.com Manual Removal Steps – Complicated
Installation procedure of SpyHunter
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Trustedsurf.com browser hijacker is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
STEP1. Remove Trustedsurf.com homepage and search engine from IE/Firefox/Chrome.
Remove Trustedsurf.com homepage from IE
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of the browser and then select Internet options from the list.
- Then you will get a window as shown below. Delete Trustedsurf.com homepage http://trustedsurf.com…/. Then you can type another preferable web address like www.google.com into the Home page box or choose Use new tab as your homepage. At last, click Apply > OK button.
Alter your default search provider and remove unwanted one
- Open your IE again, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Manager Add-ons from the list.
- In the opened window, click Search Providers, set Bing or Google as your default search provider by clicking Set as default button. After that, find out unwanted search provider and click Remove button to get rid of it.
Remove Trustedsurf.com homepage from Firefox
- Open your Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click Options.
- In the opened window, delete Trustedsurf.com homepage http://trustedsurf.com…/. After that, you can type a preferable page as your new homepage or use a blank page as your new homepage.
Change your default search engine and remove unwanted one
- In the Options window, click Search tab on the left and then you can choose Google or another one as your default search engine.
- Then scroll down your cursor, find out unwanted search engine in the box of One-click search engines and then click Remove button to delete it.
Remove Trustedsurf.com homepage from Chrome
- Open your Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner of the browser and then choose Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window, click Set pages.
- In the opened window, delete Trustedsurf.com homepage http://trustedsurf.com…/ by clicking X at the end. After that, you can enter another desired URL as your startup page in the box of Add a new page. Don’t forget to click OK button.
- Now, return to the Settings window. Find out Change and click it.
- Then you will get a window as shown below. Delete Trustedsurf.com homepage http://trustedsurf.com…/. After that, you can choose Use the New Tab page as your homepage and click OK button. (Or you can type another preferable web address into the box as your new homepage and then click OK button.)
Modify your default search engine and delete unwanted one
- Return to the Settings window again. Find out Manage search engines… and click it.
- In the opened window, make Google or the other one as your default search engine by clicking Make default. After that, delete unwanted search engine by clicking X icon at the end and then click Done button. (See below image for better understanding)
STEP2. Fix your browser shortcut target to remove Trustedsurf.com
Fix your IE shortcut target
- Right-click your Internet Explorer shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the list.
- In the opened window, highlight the unwanted component http://trustedsurf.com…./in the Target box. Right-click it and then select Delete option from the list. At last, click Apply and OK button to remove Trustedsurf.com.
Fix your Firefox shortcut target
- Right-click your Mozilla Firefox shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the list.
- In the Shortcut window, highlight the harmful component http://trustedsurf.com…/in the Target box. Right-click it and then select Delete option from context menu. Don’t forget to click Apply and OK button after removing.
Fix your Chrome Shortcut target
- Right-click your Google Chrome shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the list.
- In the Shortcut window, highlight the malicious component http://trustedsurf.com…/in the Target box. Right-click it and then select Delete option from context menu. After that, click Apply and OK button.
If you find Trustedsurf.com still appears in you web address and continues to redirect to you malicious websites and hijack your search results, you need to reset your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome to completely get rid of it.
STEP3. Reset IE/Firefox/Chrome to remove Trustedsurf.com.
- Open your IE, click the gear icon at the upper right corner of the browser and then select Internet options from the list.
- In the Internet options window, click Advanced tab at the top right corner and then click Reset button.
- Then you will get a window as shown below. Check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- After a window pops up as shown below, click Close button.
- Restart your computer to take effect.
- Launch your Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click the help icon.
- Select Troubleshooting Information from the list.
- Then you will get a window as shown below. Click Refresh Firefox button.
- After a another window pops up as below, click Refresh Firefox button to reset Mozilla Firefox.
- Don’t forget to restart your PC after finishing the operation.
- After you open your Google Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom of the window, find out Show advanced settings and click it.
- Keep scrolling down to the bottom until you find Reset settings button and click it.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Remember to restart your PC.
Tips to protect your PC from malware infection in the future
With thousands of malicious programs are released on the internet every single day, we need to raise vigilance no matter when we download software or browse the web. Here are some effective security tips to help you keep away from malware infection as long as you bear in mind when surfing the internet.
- Do not open any unknown emails or spam emails sent by unfamiliar people. You’d better delete them once received. Viruses, infected files and malware prefer to distribute in spam emails or attachments.
- Never click pop up ads and sponsored links showing on your webpage. Most of the pop ups and links may contain rogue applications. Clicking them may make your PC get infected malicious programs.
- Never visit unsafe or malicious website or webpage, which usually distribute all kinds of computer threats like viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, keyloggers, rootkits, even more.
- Download software only from official website or regular site.
- Always select Advanced or Custom installation when install software especially freeware. Adware, spyware or browser hijacker like Trustedsurf.com is often bundled with freeware. Advanced or Custom option will help you to check what software you install exactly.
Friendly reminder: If the manual removal steps mentioned above still can’t help you completely get rid of the stubborn browser hijacker Trustedsurf.com, do not hesitate to install an automatic removal tool – SpyHunter on computer and run it to quickly and permanently eliminate Trustedsurf.com. Free download the best malware removal tool by clicking the button below.
The following video offers a complete guide for Trustedsurf.com Redirect Virus removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!