The malware goes by two names, Yeabests.cc and TopYea. Both of them share the same characteristics. More precisely speaking, Yeabests.cc is classified as an annoying browser hijacker – a type of malware. The most typical characteristic a browser hijacker will do is to hijack your default homepage, startup page, new tab, and default search engine without any permission. When browsing the web, you will be immediately redirected to the malware site http://yeabests.cc/
Malware, short for malicious software, is the most destructive computer threat. It will do lots of malicious activities to the target computer such as disrupt computer operations, gather sensitive information, redirect users to the website/webpage they are not going to visit, or display unwanted advertising without any approval.
Don’t worry; there is still an effective way to completely get rid of it from computer.
If you want to know more about malware, see this infographic.
Similar to NavSmart.info browser hijacker, Yeabests.cc interrupts your browsing activities by replacing your homepage and redirecting you to specified websites full of lots of infected sponsored links and annoying pop up ads. Don’t look down upon the tricky browser hijacker. On its homepage, you will see that it provides you many popular app buttons like Hot sites (Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Google, etc), Shopping sites (Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Zillow, etc), and the Best games. In this way, it can cheat users into believing it is a legitimate site and a reliable search engine. But in reality, it is not. Entering any searches provided on its page will directly redirected you to commercial advertising sites which covered with all kinds of advertising links. I suggest not clicking any of them as most of these links contain viruses, spyware, rootkits or other malware programs. Maybe a simple click will install a great many malicious programs on computer.
When Yeabests.cc is installed, all your main web browsers, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari will be the target of the browser hijacker attacks. Apart from modifying your browser setting, it also adds the malicious argument http://yeabests.cc/ to the browser shortcut. How cunning the browser hijacker is. Without timely removing it, your browsing speed and computer performance will suffer from a certain influence. See the removal guide below to delete Yeabests.cc from web browser and fix your browser shortcut.
Download Malware Removal Tool (Easier & Faster)
Many users want to know that how their PCs hijacked by Yeabests.cc and how to prevent. The browser hijacked is installed through a variety of different ways. The most common way is bundled with freeware. Only download the free software from trusted websites can better avoid the risk of installing additionally suspicious or third party applications. When installing the chosen software, don’t forget to choose Advanced or Custom installation if these two options are available on the setup wizard. Either of the option will disclose the extra programs to you. Any unknown programs can be found under the Advanced or Custom installation, remember not to check them. Maybe most of them are malware programs just like Yeabests.cc. Besides, you may get infected with the browser hijacker by clicking suspicious sponsored links on the webpage you visit, opening spam email attachments which may be sent from hackers or cyber criminals, randomly clicking the pop up ads showing on your page, etc. All of the spreading routes mentioned above you should be attentive to.
Through a detailed introduction, you should know that Yeabests.cc is a pernicious browser hijacker that you shouldn’t keep it on computer any more. Please follow the guide below to eliminate it from your machine.
Self Help Removal Guide
Note: This guide is only recommended to advanced computer users. Without mastering enough computer knowledge, it is hard to finish the complicated and time-consuming steps. To make you remove Yeabests.cc browser hijacker easier and faster, we highly recommend computer users to use the second removal guide.
Automatic Removal Guide
Step1. Reboot in Safe Mode
Note: you can open the computer through this step when your PC can’t boot normally. Follow the guide below to start computer in Safe Mode. (If your PC can start like usual, you can go to the second step directly.)
For Windows 8/10 user:
- Move your cursor to the left bottom of your screen, right-click Start menu when the tab shows up, then select Control Panel from the list (For Windows 8 user). Right-click the icon located in the left bottom of the screen, then select Control Panel (For Windows 10 user).
- Click System and Security > Administrative Tools.
- Double-click System Configuration.
- When a window pops up, click Boot button, check the Safe boot box and tick the Minimal. After that, click OK button.
For Window XP/7/Vista user:
- Launch your PC , continuously press F8 key on the keyboard as soon as the computer starts booting.
- Select Safe Mode under Advanced Boot Options, then press Enter key.
Note: After you successfully get rid of Yeabests.cc browser hijacker from computer, you can restore to the normal start.
If you use other operating system, you can refer to this link to know how to reboot in Safe Mode:
Step2. Remove Yeabests.cc from Chrome/Firefox/IE
Remove Yeabests.cc homepage from Google Chrome
- Click the menu icon located in the upper right corner of Chrome and choose Settings option from drop down menu.
- Now, you will get the window as shown below, click Set pages link.
- Delete the malicious startup page http://yeabests.cc/ by clicking X icon at the end and type a desired web address such as www.google.com as your new startup page, then click OK button.
- Now, click Change link in the Settings window.
- Delete the malicious homepage http://yeabests.cc/. You can type a preferable as your new page or choose Use the New Tab page and then click OK button.
Remove Yeabests.cc search engine
- In the Settings window, click Manage search engines button.
- Select Google or other preferable one as your default. Then remove Yeabests.cc malicious search engine by clicking X icon at the end. (Move your mouse to the end, the X icon will show up). After that, click Done button.
Remove Yeabests.cc browser hijacker from Google Chrome shortcut
As a matter of fact, removing the malicious homepage and search engine of the browser hijacker didn’t help to completely get rid of it. Yeabests.cc adds its annoying URL to your browser shortcut target as soon as it enters your PC. Thus, every time you open the web browser, it automatically replaces your default homepage, startup page, and new tab without ant permission. Therefore, you still need to delete the baleful argument from browser shortcut.
- Right-click Chrome shortcut on your Desktop or Taskbar and select Properties from the list.
- In the Target field, remove everything after .exe, then click Apply > OK button.
Once finished the above steps, restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Easier and faster way to remove Yeabests.cc browser hijacker:
Download Malware Removal Tool (Automatic Removal)
Please note that Yeabests.cc hijacked all of your web browsers including Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc. If you are using Mozilla Firefox, follow the guide below to remove the browser hijacker. We also provide the detailed steps for the malware removal.
Remove Yeabests.cc homepage from Firefox
- Click menu icon in the upper right corner of Firefox and select Options.
- Remove the Yeabests.cc homepage http://yeabests.cc. You can type a desired page as your current page.
Remove malicious search engine
- Stay on the Options page. Now, you need to switch to click Search tab on the left. Under Default Search Engine, click the inverted triangle icon to choose your favorite search engine such as Google.
- Scroll down your mouse, look for malicious search engine under Search Engine box, then click Remove button to delete it.
Remove Yeabests.cc browser hijacker from Mozilla Firefox shortcut
- Right-click your Firefox shortcut on Desktop or Taskbar and choose Properties.
- Delete http://yeabests.cc/ argument in the Target filed, then click Apply > OK button.
Well, restart your computer for the changes to take effect after you finish the above steps.
Remove Yeabests.cc from Internet Explorer (Delete the malicious homepage, search engine and fix the Firefox shortcut target)
Delete Yeabests.cc homepage
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of IE and choose Internet options from drop down menu.
- In the General window, delete the malicious URL http://yeabests.cc/. You can type a desired domain as your new homepage or select Use new tab, then click Apply > OK button.
Remove malicious search engine
- Click the gear icon at the top right corner of IE and select Manage add-ons from the drop down menu.
- In the opened window, click Search Providers tab on the left, set a preferable search engine as your default such as Bing, then search for the unwanted search engine and click Remove button to delete it.
Delete Yeabests.cc from IE shortcut
- Right-click the IE shortcut on your Desktop or Taskbar, then select Properties.
- In the Target filed, delete http://yeabests.cc//argument and then click Apply > OK button.
- Restart your computer.
Maybe you have noticed that since your computer infected with Yeabests.cc browser hijacker, lots of unwanted even malicious extensions or plug-ins are added to your web browsers without any permissions. Please follow the guide below to totally eliminate them from Chrome/Firefox/IE.
Step3. Remove malicious extensions, add-ons and plug-ins from web browser.
- Click the menu icon (Located in the top right corner of Chrome) and choose More tools > Extensions.
- Find out any suspicious extensions and then click the trash bin to delete them.
- Click the Firefox icon (At the upper right corner) and choose Add–ons.
- Search for any dubious add-ons and click Remove button to get rid of them.
- Click the gear icon (At the top right corner of IE) and select Manage add-ons.
- Look for any unwanted plug-ins from the box and click Disable button to wipe out them.
Step4. Uninstall any unwanted programs from Control Panel.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Find out any unwanted programs in the list of currently installed programs and then click Uninstall to remove them.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove programs.
- Look for any malicious programs in the list of installed programs and click Remove button to get rid of them.
- Move your mouse to the left bottom of the screen, right-click Start menu when it appears and select Control Panel (Windows 8). Right-click the icon in the lower left corner of screen and choose Control Panel (Windows 10).
- Click Uninstall a program under Programs category.
- Search for the suspicious program in the list of installed programs and click Uninstall to delete it.
Run SpyHunter to remove Yeabests.cc browser hijacker and other malicious programs from your computer (Automatic Removal)
Delete, remove and block spyware, rootkits, adware, browser hijacker, Trojans and other types of malware.
Identify and stop any processes that attempt to secretly auto-start malware entries by exploring the Windows registry.
Daily malware definition updates ensure complete protection from the latest malware threats.
SpyHunter is an advanced malware removal tool certified by West Coast Lab’s Checkmark Certification program (A highly regarded independent security and product testing service). It is designed to assist computer users in protecting their PCs from malicious threats. Besides, with its advanced technology, SpyHunter can quickly detect, remove and block browser hijacker, adware, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, Trojans, worms and other types of malware.
- Once finished downloading, click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- You can see that Yeabests.cc is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: SpyHunter’s free version only provides free scan and detection to your PC. To get rid of this browser hijacker and other potential threats, you need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter.
Step5. Reset browser to remove Yeabests.cc (Optional)
- Click the Chrome menu (Located in the upper right corner) > Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Show advanced settings.
- Continue to scroll down and click Reset settings.
- When a message box pops up, click Reset button.
- Click Firefox menu (Top right corner) > Help icon (Lower right corner)
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the opened window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- When a dialog box pops up, click Refresh Firefox button.
- Click the gear icon (Upper right corner) > Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, click Advanced tab (top right corner) > Reset button.
- Check the Delete personal settings > Reset.
- After a dialog box appears, click Close button.
Malware program like Yeabests.cc comes into the computer bundled with freeware software. So you’d better download free apps from official website. Then select Advanced or Custom installation when installing the chosen software if these two installation options are provided on the setup wizard. Either of the option can help you reveal the additional programs that you are not going to install. This manual prevention measures can’t guarantee you are able to 100% prevent malware infection. Maybe a quick click may introduce lots of unwanted programs to your PC without any prompts.
Here, I would like to recommend an easier way to entirely stop any malicious programs that try to attack your machine.
Download Malware Scanner – SpyHunter. This free scanner can quickly identify and help to block any pernicious programs attempting to invade the target computer. This way can ensure a complete prevention.
The following video offers a complete guide for Yeabests.cc Redirect Virus removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!