Keep being redirected to YourSites123.com when you open the browser homepage? Often find many annoying sponsored ads in the search results when you search for information through YourSites123.com? What’s wrong with your browser? How can you get rid of the unwanted site? Read on and you will find the solutions.
What is YourSites123.com?
YourSites123.com is a browser hijacker that changes users’ Internet settings without permission. It may alter the default homepage, search engine, new tabs of the browser, the error page and other browser settings once it gets into your machine. Almost all popular browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Safari could be affected by it. The browser hijacker can be spread by being bundled with other free applications from the Internet. When you visit malicious websites or download programs which have this hijacker in their installers, you may find your default homepage is replaced with YourSites123.com. Whenever you open the browser, the unwanted site will load automatically (as the screenshot below shown).
The site looks like Google and other famous search providers. It also provides a search box that enables you to search for information. It offers search services and other services similar to other well-known search engines. However, this site is not suggested to leave on your PC. If you do a search by using its search services, you may find you are redirected to search.yahoo.com and a number of ads related to your search are displayed in the search results. If you don’t delete this browser hijacker, those unwanted sponsored ads won’t disappear.
Moreover, it may collect your information including your IP address, referral data, and browser and platform type in order to offer you more relevant search results and ads. If you don’t want to receive those ads and products from it, you should remove the hijacker from browsers as soon as possible.
Warning: Sometimes YourSites123.com may come along with other potentially unwanted programs which can occupy the system resources and affect your computer performance drastically. Due to them, you may experience more pop-up ads and the browser or PC speed may slow to a crawl. To avoid this, you have to remove all of them from the PC. Have trouble finding out all the malicious files? Why not use a powerful malware removal tool to scan the PC and clear all the threats quickly?
How to remove Yoursites123.com browser hijacker from your computer?
Step1. Uninstall programs related to Yoursites123.com from Control Panel
As this browser hijacker often comes bundled with some potentially unwanted programs, you need to check the Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features. If any program unfamiliar to you or is related to the browser hijacker is found, you can follow the guide below to get rid of them from your Windows.
For Windows 10 users,
Press the Windows key to open the Start menu and then click on the Settings link. Click on the System icon and then click on App & features. Find the program associated with the browser hijacker and click on Uninstall button to remove it.
For Windows 8/8.1 users,
1. Press Win + X combination keys and click on Control Panel from the pop-up menu,
2. Click Uninstall a program or Programs and Features depending on your view by: style. When all the installed programs are displayed, search for any dubious program that was installed recently and click on Uninstall button to remove it.
For Windows 7/Vista users,
Click Start button, go to Control Panel and then click on Uninstall a Program under Programs category. When all the installed programs are displayed, choose the program that is related to Yoursites123.com and click on Uninstall button.
For Windows XP users,
Click Start button, go to Control Panel and then double click on Add/Remove Programs. Search for the suspicious program which was recently downloaded and installed and then highlight it. Then click on Remove button to uninstall it.
Alternatively, you can use SpyHunter to remove Yoursites123.com.
If nothing suspicious is found on Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features list, or the unwanted program can’t be removed from the Control Panel successfully, we suggest you download and install a powerful malware removal tool – SpyHunter which can detect and remove adware, spyware, Trojans and other malicious threats effectively. Perform a scan with it and all the components of the browser hijacker will be found and cleared within minutes.
- Before scanning the PC, you need to update its product version and DB version to the newest versions and then close all running files, folders and applications. Click Scan Computer Now button to scan your PC.
- When the scan is complete, all the items associated with the browser hijacker will be displayed in the search results. Click on Fix Threats to remove all of them.
- You need to register for the full version of SpyHunter before completely deleting YourSites123.com.
Step2. Remove unknown add-ons/extensions from your browsers
The browser hijacker is often caused by certain potentially unwanted program. Apart from your default homepage being changed by the PUP, some unwanted browser add-ons/extensions may also be installed to your browsers. You need to check the browser extensions and remove any dubious one.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu icon (for IE 11) and then select Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- In the Manage Add-ons window, click on Toolbars and Extensions. Select any toolbar or add-on which is related to Yoursites123.com and click on Remove button to clear them from IE.
- Close IE and run it again, the unwanted add-ons will disappear.
- Click on the Chrome menu icon on the top right corner of the browser, click on More tools > Extensions.
- All the extensions installed on Chrome will be displayed. If any unfamiliar extension that may be added by the unwanted program exists, click on the trashcan icon next to it to remove the item.
- Reopen your Chrome and the extension will be gone.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Firefox menu icon in the upper right of the browser and then click Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Extensions tab on the left side of the page and all the installed Firefox add-ons will be showed. If any browser hijacker related add-on is found there, click on Remove button to delete it from Firefox.
What if the unwanted add-on can’t be removed? Try Max Spyware Detector!
Sometimes, the Remove option next to the add-on that you want to remove becomes grey and you can’t delete it from the browser. Or even if you have removed it, the add-on keeps coming back after the browser restarts. In this case, you can use Max Spyware Detector to get rid of it completely. Max Spyware Detector is good at detecting, blocking and removing malicious add-ons, plug-ins, cookies, websites and other cyber infections. With it, you can clear the unwanted browser add-ons/extensions related to YourSites123.com easily.
- Run Max Spyware Detector Download Manager to download Spyware Detector. Then install the tool by following the Max Spyware Detector Setup Wizard.
- Click on Live Update to update the software to the latest version. And then run it to perform a quick scan or full scan as you prefer.
- When the scan has completed, click on Fix Issues Now button if there is any threats detected.
- You need to purchase the full version of Max Spyware Detector to clear all the threats found.
Step3. Repair the browser settings (default homepage & search engine)
If your default homepage and search engine are changed to another, follow the guide below to reset them.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu icon (for IE 11) and click Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options window, under the General tab, check Home page field and delete Yoursites123.com. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu icon (for IE 11) and select Manage add-ons.
- In the Manage Add-ons window, select Search Providers under Add-on Types. Choose a search engine and you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider. To remove the unwanted search engine, select it and click Remove button and then click Close.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings from the menu.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete any unwanted page and enter the URL of your preferred page and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to Appearance, check Open Homepage button and click on Change link. If Yoursites123.com is displayed there, you need to delete it by clicking on the “X” button.
- Go to the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu and select Options from the menu.
- In the Options page, select the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. If Yoursites123.com is found in the Home Page field, delete it and then enter the address of your preferred page.
- Click on Search on the left side of the page. Under Default Search Engine section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, under One-click search engines section, select the one you want to remove and click on Remove button. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
Step4. Restore your browser settings to defaults (Optional)
Sometimes, resetting the browser settings to defaults may troubleshoot many problems caused by potentially unwanted programs. If the steps above work, you don’t need to try this step anymore. If not, follow the guide below to reset your browser and this may remove Yoursites123.com from your IE/Chrome/Firefox completely.
- Click the Tools button or the IE menu icon and then select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, under the Advanced tab, click Reset.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, check Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close. You may need to restart the PC to reset IE completely.
- Click on the chrome menu icon and then select Settings from the menu.
- In the Chrome Settings page, click on Show Advanced Settings… at the bottom of the page and then click on Reset browser settings.
- Click on Reset button when the dialog box asking for your confirmation pops up.
- Click on Firefox menu icon and click Open Help menu (question mark icon) at the bottom of the menu and then select Troubleshooting Information.
Or you can click on Help on the menu bar and select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the Firefox Troubleshooting Information page, click on Fresh Firefox… button.
- Click on Refresh Firefox button again in the pop-up window to restore the settings of Firefox.
Note: With the steps above, Yoursites123.com should have been deleted from your PC. If you are still being redirected to this site after having tried the methods above, run Malwarebytes to scan your PC and delete the browser hijacker. This security tool detects and removes Trojans, adware, spyware and other harmful programs.
- Run mbam-setup.exe and follow the Setup Wizard to install it on the computer. When the setup is complete, you can check the checkbox of Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware option and then click Finish button. Malwarebytes will run automatically soon
- If the database version is not the latest, click on Update Now to make it the newest version. Then click on Scan Now button to scan your PC.
- When the scan has finished, click Remove Selected button to clear all the threats. The browser hijacker will be gone after a PC restart.
Tips: When you encounter annoying browser hijackers similar to Yoursites123.com, try the steps mentioned in this post to get rid of them from the PC. If the manual method doesn’t fix the issue, use professional malware removal tools for help. The anti-malware programs like SpyHunter, Max Spyware Detector and Malwarebytes can detect and remove Yoursites123.com relevant files completely. Their full versions also provide real-time anti-virus/malware services which can protect your computer from malicious threats effectively when you surf the Internet.
The following video offers a complete guide for Yoursites123.com redirect virus removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!