Description of Swiki – an Annoying Adware Program
According to its developer, Swiki is a browser plug-in application compatible with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome web browsers, which allows you to enhance your web searches in a whole new way. Swiki promises to provide you with search results from various other sources including Wikipedia, YouTube, Yellow Book, Twitter, Amazon, Yahoo Search, and more, which implies that you are able to browse through them smoothly and without having to open a new window. That sounds wonderful if it is true. But I regret to inform you that this free app may not be as good as you think it is. In reality, Swiki is an annoying adware program supported by advertising, which means that you will see lots of nasty ads showing on your webpage when using this app. Ads displayed by Swiki may be in the form of but not limited to, in-textual units, contextual banners, overlay ads on videos or images, rich media display ads, pre or post roll ads, DNS or 404 Error landing pages, sponsored text ads. These nettlesome advertisements won’t stop and change frequently. Usually they appear on the left and right side of your screen. If you have noticed these symptoms on your PC, you should take quick action to get rid of Ads by Swiki without any hesitation.
Swiki Homepage Screenshot
If you have difficulty in removing Ads by Swiki, why not try our recommended malware removal tool – SpyHunter? The powerful removal tool always can quickly detect the malicious program Swiki through scanning.
Potential Risks Caused by the Stubborn Adware Swiki – Be Careful
Ads powered by Swiki mainly aim to promote useless products or rogue software so as to generate online revenue for its developer. These unsafe pop up ads or sponsored links may contain infected files or virus. Clicking any of them may cause your PC to get infected with other malware. In addition, you may notice that many unknown websites are added to your browser bookmark without any permission. What’s worse, a lot of fake update messages and other error alerts windows frequently appear on your webpage, which will influence your online browsing and may slow down your browsing speed. This nasty adware also executes other harmful activities to destroy your system. Such as installing unwanted plug-ins and extensions to your web browser, modifying your browser settings, blocking you entering legitimate websites, inserting malicious codes to the system, creating malicious registry entries, etc. All of the behaviors performed by the stubborn adware Swiki will make your PC vulnerable to be attacked by malicious programs. Furthermore, you may face the risk of system breakdown. Beyond question, keeping Swiki adware on computer is really a dangerous thing in terms of computer security.
Swiki Spreading Route – You Should Keep in Mind
Ads by Swiki Removal Guide
As mentioned earlier, Swiki is a stubborn adware that you shouldn’t leave it on your PC anymore since it generates tons of annoying intrusive online advertisements and endangers your system security. Please follow the detailed removal steps listed below to get rid of Swiki from your machine.
Step1. Uninstall Swiki from Control Panel.
If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, please follow the removal steps to quickly uninstall Swiki & Swiki for IE version 1.2 from your Control Panel.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs category.
- Look for Swiki from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall/Change.
- When a confirmation box pops up as shown below, click Yes button to continue.
- Now you will see another confirmation box as shown below, click Close button to completely uninstall Swiki.
- After deleting the unwanted program Swiki, you still need to uninstall another malicious program Swiki for IE version 1.2.
- When a confirmation box appears as shown below, click Yes button.
- After a dialog box appears as shown in the figure below, click OK button.
For Windows 8 user
- Right-click Windows Start (at the lower left corner of your screen) and then select Control Panel from the drop down menu. (See below image)
- Click Uninstall a program under Programs category.
- Look for Swiki & Swiki for IE versions 1.2 programs from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall/Change to delete them.
If you are using Windows XP, we also provide the relevant step for you to remove Swiki program from your Windows.
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, select Add or Remove Programs category from the options.
- Search for Swiki & Swiki for IE version 1.2 programs in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Remove button to uninstall them.
Step2. Remove Swiki plug-in and extension from IE/Firefox/Chrome/Safari.
For IE user
- Click on the Tools in the main menu and then choose Manage Add-ons from the list.(For Windows 7, Vista & XP user)
(Note: For Windows 8 user, click the gear icon at the upper right corner of IE and then select Manage add-ons from the list.)
- In the Manage Add-ons window, search for Swiki plug-in and then click Disable button to remove it.
For Firefox user
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons window, search for the unwanted extension Swiki 1.2 and then click Remove button to delete it.
For Chrome user
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then choose More tools → Extensions.
- In the Extensions window, look for the suspicious extension Swiki and then click trash can icon to remove it.
- When a confirmation box pops up as shown below, click Remove button.
For Safari user
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Preference from the drop down menu.
- In the opened window, click Extensions tab. Find out the useless extension Swiki 1.1 and then click Uninstall button to wipe out it.
- When a confirmation box pops up as shown below, click Uninstall button.
Step3. Quickly get rid of Ads by Swiki with SpyHunter. (Important step)
It is the best way to use automatic removal tool to remove Ads by Swiki from the infected computer and keeps your PC secure. The automatic removal tool is easy to use and it can guarantee you can 100% clean up all potential PC threats including Swiki adware program just with a few steps. Comparing to the manual removal method, the automatic removal tool is easier, faster, safer & more thoroughly for Swiki removal. According to the feedback of users and the recommendation of security specialists, SpyHunter is really an excellent malware removal tool to deal with the stubborn adware Swiki. See the following content to know more information of SpyHunter.
How SpyHunter Works for You?
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware program, helping you easily detect and remove adware, virus, spyware, worm, Trojans, browser hijacker, rootkits and more.
Besides, SpyHunter responds with industry-leading innovative technologies to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats. It can quickly and completely delete all malicious registries entries created by Swiki within a few minutes.
Above all, SpyHunter provides a real-time protection against malware and blocks hacking and phishing attempts. Research shows that more than 50 million users keep their PCs secure with SpyHunter.
>> Click the following button to free download the best malware removal tool.
Installation procedure of SpyHunter
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Adware Swiki is quickly detected by SpyHunter.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove Swiki.
Step4. Reset IE/Firefox/Chrome/Safari to delete Ads by Swiki. (Optional)
- Click on the Tools in the main menu and then choose Internet Options from the list.
- In the Internet options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- After a confirmation box pops up as shown below. Check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- When you see a dialog box as shown below, click Close button.
- For changes to take effect, you need to restart your Internet Explorer.
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click the help icon at the lower right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information from the list.
- In the opened window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- When a confirmation box pops up as shown below, click Refresh Firefox button.
- Restart your Firefox for the changes to take effect.
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Show advanced settings.
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- After a message box pops up as shown below, click Reset button.
- Restart your Chrome.
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then choose Reset Safari from the drop down menu.
- When a dialog box appears as shown below, click Reset button.
- Don’t forget to restart your Safari.
How to Avoid Being Attacked by Swiki Again
Nowadays, many useless adware programs are designed by cyber criminals to make profit from users. Swiki adware is no exception. It is also developed to generate revenue for its supporter. Such stubborn adware usually enters into the target computer through all kinds of channels, bundling with freeware is the most common way. Attaching in the spam e-mails, infected files, or malicious links is also another spreading route. So you need to take particular care when browsing the web. However, the most effective way to avoid malware attacks is to use a professional malware removal tool such as SpyHunter. The reason to highly recommend the powerful removal tool to you as follows:
Easily detect and remove adware, virus, spyware, Trojans, worm, rootkits, keyloggers, and more.
Effectively block phishing website & other malicious sites attacking your system and stealing your personal information.
Provide a real-time protection against the latest malware attacks.
The following video offers a complete guide for Swiki removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!