Is your default web browser changed to WebVeil Browser without permission? Do you find the default homepage is replaced with another one? Are you wondering how to uninstall WebVeil Browser from the PC? If so, read on and you will learn how to fix the problem effectively.
What is WebVeil Browser?
It can be an unpleasant experience if your default web browser is tampered with without your consent. WebVeil Browser is a program developed by APPS CITY LIMITED. It claims to provide computer users with services such as (but not limited to) browsing, content usage and sharing. However, it is considered as a potentially unwanted program which often gets into users’ computers without their knowledge and permission. If you don’t intend to download and install this browser but it suddenly appears on your machine and becomes your default browser, it seems that you computer setting have been changed by this strange application.
You may wonder how it entered your PC. In fact, such potentially unwanted programs can usually spread via software bundlers. If you download certain software from unidentified websites, it’s quite easy to invite those unexpected programs. WebVeil Browser can be downloaded from its official website. However, it can be also bundled with other third-party free applications on the web. When you install the software which comes bundled with this application but pay no attention to the installation, the unwanted program can be installed at the same time. In addition to that, malicious websites and clickable pop-ups on many websites may also lead to the installation of this unwanted program on your computer.
Is it safe to use WebVeil Browser? We suggest you not keep this unfamiliar program on the PC. Though it promises that it “protects you from fraud and malware on the web, any virus attacks, interruptions and risks” and “will keep all your data and Internet sessions safe”, it may lead to other problems like pop-up ads on web pages. The browser may invite other more unwanted toolbars, extensions and adware programs to your machine and slow down the PC performance. The ads or links displayed by it may link you to websites that steal your personal information or harm your PC. To prevent your computer from potential threats and free up your disk space, please remove WebVeil Browser from the machine as soon as possible.
Attention: If your computer performance suddenly slows down drastically and many programs can’t run properly after the unfamiliar website occurred, your system may possibly be infected by other malware. Under the circumstances, please perform a scan of your PC with anti-virus software right now!
How to remove WebVeil Browser from your computer completely?
- Step1: Go to Control Panel and uninstall WebVeil Browser
- Step2: Remove relevant browser add-ons/extensions
- Step3: Reset your default browser homepage
- Step4: Remove WebVeil Browser by using a removal tool
Step1: Go to Control Panel and uninstall WebVeil Browser
1. Click on Start button and select Control Panel (Window 7/Vista).
For Windows 8 users, use Windows key + X key to bring up “Power Users Menu”. Then click on Control Panel from the menu.
2. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs (View by: Category).
3. When all the installed programs are displayed, find WebVeil Browser and click on Uninstall button.
4. Follow the instructions to complete the removal.
- Click on Start button and then go to Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Search for the unwanted program in the list of all installed programs. Select it and click on Remove.
- Click on the Start button and click on the Settings from the menu.
- Click on the System icon and then choose App & features.
- Select the program that you want to remove and click on Uninstall button. Follow the instructions to completely remove it.
Note: You might think that WebVeil Browser is completely removed via the Control Panel. However, some other program components of it may still exist on your machine. If they can’t be deleted fully, the program might come back again and over again after a computer reboot. How to check for the components? The following steps below will show you how to clear the leftovers of the unwanted program.
>> Check the Program Files folder.
Go to Start button -> My Computer -> Local disk (Your disk containing the active Operating system) -> Program Files.
If you find any folder with the name of the software program which you uninstalled using Control Panel, delete it. The folder name is usually same as program name.
In addition to the Program Files folder, you need to check the %AppData% folder as well. If any folder with the name of the unwanted program is found, you should delete it.
>> Delete temporary files.
Click Start and type %temp% and Temp in the Search box or the Run box one by one. Temp folders will be shown in the search results. Click on the folders and select all files then press delete. Some files might be used by some running software or Windows services and will not be deleted and you got to skip that.
>> Remove the registry keys of WebVeil Browser.
- If you use Windows 10, right click on Start button and then choose Run in the Quick Access Menu.
For Windows 8/7/Vista/XP users, press Win+R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.
- Type regedit in the Run box and press Enter.
- The Registry Editor will open.
- On the left side is the registry settings tree, look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall
- Look for the key with the unwanted program name in it. If you find any DisplayName key with the value equal to WebVeil Browser, delete it.
Tip: To find out the key you want quickly, you can also use the Ctrl + F hotkeys to bring up the Find dialog. Then type the name of the unwanted program in the box and delete all the keys related to it one by one.
Step2: Remove relevant browser add-ons/extensions
1. Click on Tools or the IE menu icon on the top right of the browser, and then select Manage Add-ons from the menu.
2. Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
3. If there is any add-on with the name of the unwanted program on the right, you should select it and then click on Remove button.
1. Click on Tools (if it doesn’t show, right-click a blank area of the tab bar (or the navigation toolbar) and choose Menu Bar from the pop-up) or the Mozilla Firefox menu and then select Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions on the left side of the page. If WebVeil Browser is found there, click on Remove button to remove it. (Take PriceExpert for example)
1. Click on the Chrome menu icon in the upper right corner of the browser and then select More Tools -> Extensions.
In the Chrome Extensions page, remove any extension that is associated with the unwanted program by clicking on the trashcan icon. (Take Docs for example)
1. Click on Opera on the top left corner of the browser.
2. In the drop-down menu, click on Extensions -> Extensions manager.
3. Find and remove any suspicious extension in the Opera Extensions page.
Click on the Safari menu icon and then select Preferences from the menu.
2. Go to Extensions tab in the pop-up window.
If any unwanted app is displayed there, remove it by clicking on the Uninstall button.
Step3: Reset your default browser homepage
Sometimes WebVeil Browser may change your default homepage to isearch.appiance.com or redirect you to other unknown sites when you start the web browser. You can check the homepage settings and delete this unwanted URL if found.
- Click on the Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu icon and click Internet Options.
- Under the General tab, go to Home page field and see if any unwanted URL is there. Delete it if it is found and then enter the address of the website that you’d like instead.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. If you find any unwanted page is showed, delete it and type the URL of your preferred page in to the editable box and click on OK to save the changes.
- Go to Appearance section, check Open Homepage button and click on Change link. If the homepage is changed by WebVeil Browser, you need to delete the unwanted URL by clicking on the “X” button. Type in the address of the website you want and click on OK.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu icon and then choose Options.
- Click General on the left side of the Options page.
- Under the Startup section, you can set When Firefox starts: to Show my home page. If isearch.appiance.com is found in the Home Page field, delete it and then enter the address of your preferred page.
- Click on the Opera button on the upper left corner of your browser and click on Settings menu item.
- Under the On startup section, select the Open a specific page or set of pages option and click the Set pages link.
- If isearch.appiance.com is found there, delete it and then type in the address of the website that you prefer.
- Click the OK button to save the changes.
- Click on the Gear icon (Action Menu) in the upper right corner of your browser window and then select Preferences… in the drop-down menu.
- Under General tab, check the Homepage item and delete the unwanted URL.
Step4: Remove WebVeil Browser by using a removal tool
If the steps above don’t work, you may need to a professional removal tool to remove this unwanted program. A powerful and advanced malware removal tool like SpyHunter enables you to find out and remove all the hidden components of the unwanted program and prevent them from coming back.
SpyHunter is a useful tool that detects and removes malware including Trojans, rootkits, adware, spyware and other cyber threats. When your computer is attacked by viruses or uninvited programs that may harm your PC, it’s a wise choice to use SpyHunter to perform a scan of the PC and delete all the threats found. Your system will become clean again soon. Don’t know how to erase WebVeil Browser by using SpyHunter? The steps below show you how to download and install SpyHunter and use it to remove the infections clearly.
- After downloading SpyHunter-Installer.exe to your PC, you need to run it and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation. When all tasks are successfully completed, click Exit button. SpyHunter will launch automatically soon.
- Before scanning the system, you need to make sure both its product version and DB version are the newest versions. Close all running files, folders and applications and then click Scan Computer Now button to scan your PC. This will usually take a few minutes to finish.
- When SpyHunter has finished scanning your computer, it will show all the detected threats in the scan results. To remove all threats, click on Fix Threats button.
- SpyHunter provides free download and scan. To completely remove the threats and protect your PC, you need to register for the full version of SpyHunter first.
Note: What if SpyHunter still fails to work? Take it easy. There are two other excellent anti-malware programs recommended to you. They can safeguard your PC against the latest infections that may be in the wild.
Malwarebytes is a tool that combines powerful new technologies and finds and removes viruses, worms, Trojans, rootkits and malware of every kind. It can protect your computer from various cyber attacks and prevent malicious cyber infections. When you have trouble deleting WebVeil Browser or other malicious programs, try Malwarebytes and your issue will be solved soon.
Max Spyware Detector is a program that is designed to detect and remove spyware, adware, Trojans and other threats. If your computer is infected by adware or other potentially unwanted program, use this tool to perform a scan of your system and all the threats on your computer will be found. So why not have a try?
To prevent such unwanted programs and pop-up ads, you need to be cautious when surfing the Internet. Avoid installing suspicious programs and extensions in the future because they may modify your browser settings and cause more other problems on your machine. Please make sure the programs that you attempt to download are safe to use and remember to uncheck all “optional offers” checkboxes when you install something. To effectively protect your computer from unwanted programs like WebVeil Browser or other malicious applications, we strongly suggest you keep a professional real-time anti-malware program on the PC.
The following video offers a complete guide for WebVeil Browser PUP removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!