These few days, I find my computer behaves strangely. Tons of ads displayed by GraphiteGrips pop up on my webpage whenever I browsing the internet. And then I run my free antivirus to delete it, it’s gone. But to my disappointment, it appears again after a period time. It disturbs my life again. Are there any ways to get rid of GraphiteGrips and those annoying pop up ads generated by it completely?
GraphiteGrips Explanation & Solutions
GraphiteGrips is categorized as a misleading adware program which has been found in many users’ computers. In general, it comes into your PC bundled with free applications, spam email attachments, suspicious links, etc. Once infected by it, you will suffer from all kinds of computer issues. Tons of annoying pop-up ads, coupons, banners, deals, and other intrusive online ads appear on your webpage. The nettlesome adware always haunts you no matter when browsing the internet until you click on the ads produced by it. To get rid of those tiresome pop up ads, the only way is to remove the adware GraphiteGrips as quickly as possible.
As an ad-supported program, GraphiteGrips may not be as a dangerous as computer virus but it will display a plenty of annoying unwanted advertisements on the target computer. By providing many search services which look tempting seemingly to attract innocent computer users to click it. Most of the ads displayed by GraphiteGrips are related to the third party programs. Actually, the true purpose of the adware is to generate profits for its developer or the third party. Usually, the developer of the adware uses a very tricky technique to widely distribute GraphiteGrips adware. It automatically becomes available on your computer system after you download and install certain programs. That’s the reason why you don’t know when install this infection.
More information about adware
Adware, or advertising-supported software, is any software package that automatically renders advertisements in order to generate revenue for its author. The advertisements may be in the user interface of the software or on a screen presented to the user during the installation process. The functions may be designed to analyze which Internet sites the user visits and to present advertising pertinent to the types of goods or services featured there. The term is sometimes used to refer to software that displays unwanted advertisements. It is usually seen by the developer as a way to recover development costs, and in some cases, it may allow the software to be provided to the user free of charge or at a reduced price. The income derived from presenting advertisements to the user may allow or motivate the developer to continue to develop, maintain and upgrade the software product. The use of advertising-supported software in business is becoming increasingly popular. In other words, it is their important means of making profits.
How does GraphiteGrips mess up your PC?
After invading computer successfully, this adware will do everything to create web traffic for its third party websites mainly through displaying countless ads on your browsers, which may block you from visiting your favorite sites or webpage. And even you may be redirected to some unknown or questionable websites like gambling, game and pornographic. According to the survey, those sites are more likely contain malicious programs or infections. So your browser will be its first target. Due to this adware is able to activate itself in the background; it can corrupt your registry and inject its harmful files or code. Gradually, you may find that the internet speed becomes slowly for this malware program runs in the background and consumes lots of CPU resources.
In addition to these hazards, it can also disable firewall settings and the operation of your antivirus software. What’s more, it is capable of monitoring your browser history and activity, collecting your sensitive data like passwords, bank card accounts, IP address, phone numbers, and send that to remote cyber criminals or hackers. Don’t think that the information is not important. Security experts claim that GraphiteGrips installs tracking cookies on all browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox and records the sites users are frequently visiting. And then it will deliver many attractive ads on their webpage, without any suspecting, clicking these advertisements generated by GraphiteGrips may result in further infections in your computer. Most of the advertisements are often based on keywords found in the content of the website you visit. Always keep in mind online fraud is everywhere. The cyber criminals can use your personal data to deceive your friends, family members or execute illegal activities. If so, your personal and property security will be in danger.
How to prevent malware from infecting your PC?
To prevent installing other rogue programs on your computer, you are strongly advised to download free applications from official or reliable websites, and read the installation carefully when deciding to set up the freeware downloaded from the internet. Furthermore, during the installation process, don’t be hasty to click on NEXT and always opt for Custom installation or Advanced installation which will expose whether other additional suspicious programs hide in the freeware. In a word, your caution will make you keep away from more infections.
Why antivirus program is not enough to protect your PC safety?
We all know that, the main function of antivirus software is to kill virus. It can’t completely detect other malicious programs or malware, let alone remove them. First, let me share some important information to you. In essence, viruses are a specific type of malware (designed to replicate and spread), while malware is a broad term used to describe all sorts of unwanted or malicious code. Malware consist of adware, browser hijacker, Trojans, worms, spyware, rogue virus and many more. In other words, virus belongs to malware. These malware are developed by cyber criminal and designed with advanced technology, so common antivirus program can’t detect them. Moreover, such malware program has the capability to disable anti-virus program so that they can hide in user’s computer and perform their malicious activities silently. Under the circumstances, you’d better get rid of this stubborn adware GraphiteGrips using a Professional Anti-Malware Removal Tool.
GraphiteGrips Removal Instruction
Although this adware is extremely annoying, don’t panic! There are still ways to uninstall it. You can use manual method to remove this pesky infection step by step, you can also choose automatic method to quickly, safely and completely eliminate it. Please be careful during the manual removal process.
Manual Removal Steps (Only for the advanced and experienced PC users)
Step1: Uninstall GraphiteGrips related programs from Control Panel.
- Click Start button and then select Control Panel > Uninstall a program. (See below image)
2. Uninstall GraphiteGrips from the installation programs by clicking Uninstall button.
- Move your mouse to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and then search for Control Panel. (See below image)
2. Then click Uninstall a program, eliminating GraphiteGrips by clicking Uninstall.
- Click Start button and then select Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs. (See below image)
2. Uninstall GraphiteGrips from the installation programs by clicking Change/Remove button.
Step2: Disable all GraphiteGrips add-ons or extensions from Browsers.
- Open Internet Explorer and then click on Tool > Manage add-ons.
2. Disable GraphiteGrips add-ons by clicking Disable. (Below picture will help you understand better)
- Open Mozilla Firefox,click the icon at the upper right corner of the browser, and then click Add-ons. (See below image)
2. Click Extensions at the left side and then disable GraphiteGrips extension by clicking Disable/Remove button.
- Open Google Chrome, click on at the top right corner of the browser, then click on Tool > Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
2. Remove GraphiteGrips extension by clicking the trash icon . (As shown on below )
Step3: Following the locations below to delete any folders or files related to GraphiteGrips:
Step4: Search for and delete all registry files created by GraphiteGrips.
- Press Windows+R simultaneously, type “Regedit”into the run box and then click OK button to open registry editor. (Available on Windows 7 /Vista, 8 and XP)
2. Look for and remove all registry files created by Craphitegrips.
To ensure the safety of your PC as well as fully and quickly eradicate GraphiteGrips, we recommend three professional and reputable removal tools to you: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and Max Spyware Detector. Based on user’s feedback, the three removal tools are really useful. It can automatically detect all the adware traces and remove all kinds of threats from your PC within minutes. You can choose one of them to eliminate the adware and other potentially unwanted programs from your computer. What you need to do just follow the easy step given below to install it on your computer and then run it to remove all baleful threats.
Automatic Removal Guide (The easiest and fastest way to remove GraphiteGrips adware)
Click here to free download SpyHunter. (You can save the downloaded file to your desktop.)
Please follow the easy step to complete the installation of SpyHunter. After that, run it to scan your system.
- Double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe and then click Run to install.
2. Follow the prompts to complete the installation of SpyHunter. Then click EXIT button.
3. After successful installation, click on “Scan Computer Now” to scan GraphiteGrips and other potential threats.
4. Then click on the “Fix Threats” button to remove all detected threats stored in your system.
Through scanning your system with SpyHuter, the adware Graphitegrips, its add-ons, extensions and harmful registry files should have been completely cleared away. Now, you can enjoy your surfing normally.
Click here to free download Malwarebytes Anti-malware. (You can save the downloaded file on your desktop.)
- Double-click: mbam-setup-2.0.exe on your desktop.
2. Follow the prompts and keep clicking the“Next”button to finish the installation.
3. Then click on “Scan Now” to scan your system.
4. After accomplishing the scanning, click Remove Selected to terminate the detected threats. Then restart your computer.
Click here to free download Max Spyware Detector. (You can save the downloaded file to your desktop.)
- Double-clic kon the icon below at your desktop to start the installation of Max Spyware Detector.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until the installation is finished. Then Max Spyware Detector will automatically perform a quick scan of your system.
3. After scanning, click Update Now to upgrade to a full version.
4. Then click the “Fix Issues Now” to remove all detected threats in your system.
As stated earlier, GraphiteGrips is a pesky and tricky adware which installs itself on your PC without any sign. In order to avoid installing any adware or malware on your computer in the future, you have to make sure you avoid visiting any unsafe websites or clicking any unknown links whenever browsing the internet. In addition, be sure to keep in mind never open the email attachments at random, especially sent by someone you don’t know. If you find there are still threat remnants in your system, it is a better way to scan your computer again with professional anti-malware removal tools.
The following video offers a complete guide for GraphiteGrips adware removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!