Is your browser homepage changed to Whaatnext.com without permission? Do you find your browser is always redirected to other sites containing lots of ads when you incautiously click on pop-ups on that site? Is your computer infected with a virus? How can you remove Whaatnext.com completely from the PC? Read on and you will know how to fix the problem effectively.
What is Whaatnext.com?
Whaatnext.com is classified as a browser hijacker or potentially unwanted program. It is a website that claims to provide search services and allow computer users to search for information quickly and visit their favorite sites easily. Though it looks like other famous search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing, the site may lead to many problems on your PC. This site usually comes bundled with other free applications. If you install freeware without paying attention to its installation process, such unwanted items will get the opportunity to get into your system. Once the site enters your PC, it may make modifications on your browser settings and change your default homepage, default search engine and new tabs and other settings. Almost all browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer will be affected.
This browser hijacker is supported by advertisements. It displays several ads attracting you to click on them. Please be cautious to those pop-up ads displayed by the site because they may redirect you to sites that are not associated with the advert. The ads displayed by the site often recommend you to download tools to optimize your computer performance or clear malware. Don’t be tricked by them because some other programs you don’t need at all may be downloaded and installed at the same time if you click on them. Some of them may even compromise and damage your PC. In addition, some pop-up questionnaire or surveys may pop up if you stay on that site after a period of time. For the sake of your computer and your personal privacy, please ignore them and close the site.
Attention: Whaatnext.com may result in other adware or malware invading your computer and affecting your computer performance. It may even cause your personal privacy problems if you keep using it. To protect your both your system and your personal data, please get rid of it immediately. Wish to clear it now? Download a powerful malware removal tool!
How to get rid of Whaatnext.com from your computer?
The guide below shows you how to remove the browser hijacker step by step. If you can’t delete it from the PC manually, try a third-party removal tool. Usually, such potentially unwanted programs can be cleared by the malware removal tools easily.
Step1: Uninstall adware or other PUPs from your computer manually.
Since the browser hijacker may come along with other unwanted programs, you need to check the Add/Remove Programs list and remove any programs strange to you that were installed recently.
Click the Start button, click on Settings on the menu, Click System on the Settings screen and then click Apps & features from the left pane. A list of programs installed within your computer will be displayed. Find any suspicious program that may cause the problem and click on Uninstall button. Follow the instructions to complete the software uninstall.
Press Win+ X and select Programs and Features from the menu. You will see all the programs on your computer are showed on the Programs and Features screen. Find the programs that may be associated with Whaatnext.com and uninstall them by clicking on Uninstall button.
Click Start, and go to the Control Panel. Double click on Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) or click on Uninstall a program under Programs category (Windows 7/Vista), select the program that may lead to the browser hijacking and then click the Remove button or Uninstall/Change button.
Follow the instructions given and uninstall the program completely.
Tips: If you find some unwanted programs can’t be removed via Control Panel or some can’t be found in the Add/Remove Programs list, we suggest you use an advanced third-party removal tool to perform a scan of your PC and get rid of them easily.
Step2: Remove Whaatnext.com from your Internet Explorer
Since the browser hijacker may come along with other adware or potentially unwanted programs, your browser settings may be modified. You need to check the browser extensions and remove any suspicious add-on. If the default homepage or default search engine is changed, follow the guide below to repair the browser settings.
Delete unwanted add-ons/toolbars.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu icon (for IE 11) and then select Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- In the Manage Add-ons window, click on Toolbars and Extensions. Select any toolbar or add-on which is strange to you and click on Remove button to clear them from IE.
Remove the browser hijacker from homepage.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu icon (for IE 11) and click Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options window, under the General tab, check Home page field and delete Whaatnext.com. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
Change the search engine
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu icon (for IE 11) and select Manage add-ons.
- In the Manage Add-ons window, select Search Providers under Add-on Types. To remove the unwanted search engine, select it and click Remove button and then click Close. Choose a search engine and you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
Step3: Remove Whaatnext.com from your Mozilla Firefox
Disable/Remove suspicious add-ons
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Firefox menu icon in the upper right of the browser and then click Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Extensions tab on the left side of the page and all the installed Firefox add-ons will be showed. If any browser hijacker related add-on is found there, click on Remove button to delete it from Firefox.
Repair the homepage if it got changed
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu and select Options from the menu.
- In the Options page, select the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. If Whaatnext.com is found in the Home Page field, delete it and then enter the address of your preferred page.
Delete the unwanted search engine
- Click on Search on the left side of the Options page. Under Default Search Engines section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, under One-click search engines section, select the one you want to remove and click on Remove button. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
Step4: Remove Whaatnext.com from your Google Chrome
Uninstall the suspicious extension
- Click on the Chrome menu icon on the top right corner of the browser, click on More tools > Extensions.
- All the extensions installed on Chrome will be displayed. If any unfamiliar extension that may be added by the unwanted program exists, click on the trashcan icon next to it to remove the item.
Delete Whaatnext.com from homepage
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings from the menu.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete any unwanted page and enter the URL of your preferred page and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to Appearance, check Open Homepage button and click on Change link. If Whaatnext.com is displayed there, you need to delete it by clicking on the “X” button.
Eliminate unwanted search engine
- Go to the Search section in the Chrome Settings page, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step5: Use SpyHunter to remove Whaatnext.com completely
If the browser hijacker still keeps coming back after you have followed the steps above, you may need a third-party removal tool to get rid of the threat completely. SpyHunter is able to detect and remove malware including Trojans, rootkits, adware, spyware, browser hijackers as well as their leftovers completely. If you can’t manually clear the browser hijacker, follow the guide below to remove the malware quickly by using SpyHunter.
- Before scanning the PC, you need to update its product version and DB version to the newest versions and then close all running files, folders and applications. Click Scan Computer Now button to start scanning your PC.
- When the scan is complete, all the items associated with Whaatnext.com will be displayed in the search results. Click on Fix Threats to remove all of them.
- You need to register for the full version of SpyHunter before completely deleting all the threats.
Step6. Restore your browser settings to defaults (Optional)
Sometimes, resetting the browser settings to defaults may troubleshoot many problems caused by potentially unwanted programs. If the steps above work, you don’t need to try this step anymore. If not, follow the guide below to reset your browser and this may remove Whaatnext.com from your IE/Chrome/Firefox completely.
- Click the Tools button or the IE menu icon and then select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, under the Advanced tab, click Reset.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset button.
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close. You may need to restart the PC to reset IE completely.
- Click on the chrome menu icon and then select Settings from the menu.
- In the Chrome Settings page, click on Show Advanced Settings… at the bottom of the page and then click on Reset browser settings.
- Click on Reset button when the dialog box asking for your confirmation pops up.
- Click on Firefox menu icon and click Open Help menu (question mark icon) at the bottom of the menu and then select Troubleshooting Information.
Or you can click on Help on the menu bar and select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the Firefox Troubleshooting Information page, click on Fresh Firefox… button.
- Click on Refresh Firefox button again in the pop-up window to restore the settings of Firefox.
Tips to prevent Whaatnext.com and other potentially unwanted programs:
Since the browser hijacker usually comes bundled with other third-party freeware, you need to pay more attention when downloading and installing programs from the Internet. Here’re a few tips on how to avoid such PUPs.
Never visit malicious websites. Keep away from those dangerous sites and DO NOT click on those enticing pop-up ads. They may redirect you to unknown sites and download and install malware like rootkits, Trojans, ransomware, adware and other cyber infections on your PC.
Always choose Custom Install. When installing a program, you are suggested to choose the Custom/Advanced Install if there is. This allows you to uncheck those additional programs that you don’t need. If you often select the Express Install during installation, many unwanted programs or browser hijackers like Whaatnext.com may get installed silently.
Keep advanced antivirus software. A powerful antivirus program can help you prevent malicious programs effectively and get rid of computer threats quickly. We suggest you download and install a professional antivirus program to protect the system.
The following video offers a complete guide for Whaatnext.com Redirect Virus removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!